Sliming Question / Too Tight?

AugerTA2
on 7/26/11 5:58 am - CA
Hello Friends,

I believe I hit my sweet spot two fills ago, but I had loosened up after a drop of 22.5lbs in 5 weeks, so last Thursday 7/21 I had another fill.  I was able to drink water at the MD's office, but during the drive home, and everyday since then, I have had trouble keeping saliva down.

I'll sip or drink a bit of water, protein, or clears, and the liquid typically stays down, but then I get frothing or sliming that I have to spit out.  I have no pain with this, but the "won't stay down" feeling is forceful.  Today has been the least troublesome yet, as I've managed to keep down a few mini-spoons of thicks/softs such as Kefir & mashed potatoes at a time, but I am wondering if maybe I am too tight?  Typically by 4 days after a fill I am able to have very small soft or regular "meals" (no breads, no raw veggies), but this time I'm stalled at "minimal thinned softs."

Also, I have found that the AMOUNT of clear liquid taken at a time doesn't seem to be the issue.  I almost feel I have less trouble if I chug a few swallows of clears than when I just sip.

Has anyone else had this happen?  I'm trying to figure out if I am too tight, or if maybe I'm over-salivating because of hunger (or brain-hunger), or if this is somehow psychological...

Thanks for help, in advance!
:-D
shellqueen
on 7/26/11 6:36 am - New Brighton, MN
I'd say it sounds like you are too tight. You don't want to damage anything- like cause gastro- inflamation. I'd say call your surgeons office and double check- they are the experts!
Hislady
on 7/26/11 7:01 am - Vancouver, WA
I have to agree sounds a tad too tight. Please get a small unfill soon, the longer you are too tight the greater chance of permanent damage. It's not worth the suffering  or possible damage.
cheyenne000
on 7/26/11 8:09 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I agree you do sound a bit to tight. Call your doctor it may take a small un fill.  .1 or .2 might help

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

debbie H.
on 7/26/11 10:21 am - AR
I had to have a small unfill, and was scared to death that I would undo the weight loss and be able to eat a lot.  Not true.  It was just a bit, and worked well.  Now my biggest problem is head hunger.

Most Active