Snack suggestions...

KRYSTIE
on 7/26/11 12:52 am - Clearwater/St. Pete, FL
I've only had one fill so far...  so I'm not really feeling any restriction from my band yet.  I'm trying to graze all day rather than sit at meals when I'm inclined to eat too much.

Problem is...  I'm running out of good snack ideas and getting bored.  Not wanting to slip into old habits grabbing handy carbs...  anybody got some neat ideas for "snacking" foods?? 

Jordiesmama69
on 7/26/11 1:18 am - Roscoe, IL
String cheese, fresh fruits, lean sliced turkey with laughing cow spread on it then rolled up, almonds, Fage 0% Greek yogurt with 1/2 packet of any flavored (single serve packet) Crystal Light added for flavor or you can also add SF instant pudding to the yogurt, beef or turkey sticks (found by the jerky), SF jello, SF pudding
debbie H.
on 7/26/11 1:33 am - AR
Great suggestions!  May I add 1/4 cup walnuts or almonds, and an occasional protein bar or drink (with a careful eye towards protein, sugars, and calories).

marypatf
on 7/26/11 2:57 am
Hi.. I would sugges NOT grazing all day.  Have breakfast. IF you are hungry a midmorning snack.
Have lunch and an afternoon snack and then dinner..
Grazing all day does not help you recognize hunger.
The idea of the band is to eat smaller amounts when you are hungry.

If you are snacking throughout the day, you do not get to get the hunger feeling.

You need to plan this though.
Yogurt and fruit or an egg for breakfast..or a protein shake if you are not too hungry.. (I do not usually eat breakfast since I do not get hungry til later)  Today I had some cherry tomatoes when I was hungry at 10a.  Sometimes I have a yogurt now, or slice of cheese...
Plan lunch.  Bring a protein rich meal to work or have one prepared at home.. I had some deli turkey and cheese today with more of my cherry tomatoes.

Eat only the amount your doctor has told you to eat.
If you do not have more to eat with you, then you will not overdue. 
Ihope some of this helps....   :)
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

cristie2000
on 7/26/11 3:09 am
 After a couple of fills that went away for me.  However, when I was in your shoes and wanted to eat all the time I grabbed a high protein snack.  I went for string cheese and turkey pepperoni alot.  The pepperoni is kind of high in sodium, but filled me up.  I also enjoyed yogurt with fruit mixed in.  I hope this helps!
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

KRYSTIE
on 7/26/11 4:22 am - Clearwater/St. Pete, FL
HMNN...  Forgot about the turkey pepperoni.  :)  And I always have it at home for the kids to snack on.  Go figure.  Lol.  I used to like to eat it with cheese.  too bad i don't like raw tomatoes, i could have little fake pizzas.  Lol

kathkeb
on 7/26/11 11:00 am
You got lots of good suggestions of high protein snacks.

I would really suggest you not 'graze all day' -- that is a really bad idea.
Our bands empty within about 30 minutes ---- and if you go back to eating, you are not letting your band 'dim your appetite' as it is intended to do.

You should not 'sit at meals when you're inclined to eat too much' either ----- measure our your food --- eat it within 20 - 30 minutes and then put the food away for a few hours.
Kath

Most Active