so nasty--------NSV!!!!!!!!!!!

Jshivery
on 8/7/11 12:58 pm
Revision on 03/10/16
so I had surgery 3/23.  Haven't had a dt soda since about 2 wks before that.  For me I was one of those people that would drink literally a whole 12 pack of dt pepsi a day....from the time I woke up till my head hit the pillow and sometimes if I got up thirsty I would have a dt pepsi in my hand. 

Well today, my hubby and I went to pick up our kids from my aunts house.  They went to the beach with her.  Anyway, he was thirsty and he just grabbed what was closest, a dt pepsi...Let me tell you, what a NASTY NASTY drink...OMG, it tasted like carbonated water.  I took 1 sip and told him it tasted horrible.  He took a drink and said, no it tastes like it alwasy did...So like 1/2 hour later, he still had some so I took 1 more sip, NOPE same taste...GROSS!! 

Thank goodness for small things.  I have purposely stayed away from dt soda's not only because they are horrible for the band, but because, I'm afraid of getting "addicted" to them again...

Anyway, NSV's are wonderful!!!  thank you everyone for listening!!

debbie H.
on 8/7/11 1:24 pm - AR
Looks like your past addiction will no longer be a problem. Congrats!

steelerfan1
on 8/7/11 1:34 pm
I was the same way with my Pepsi. It was really hot out a couple weeks and I was wanting a ice cold Pepsi. I took a small sip of one and couldn't stand the taste of it. It was awful sweet and I haven't craved one since then

Give me my great value cherry limeade mix and I'm a happy camper lol I drink about a gallon of that a day now. It's my Pepsi substitute just alot healthier lol

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

cristie2000
on 8/7/11 10:15 pm
 Isn't that funny how our tastes change?  I was at a shower that had punch.  I didn't realize it was carbonated until I took a drink.  The carbonation alone was too much for me now.  I used to LOVE diet Pepsi.  That is literally all I drank.  I didn't drink water or anything else.  I thought it would be hard, but it hasn't been.  I crave it when we go out to eat and that is all.  It is a very brief craving and then I am over it.  Keep up the good work and resist that urge!
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

steelerfan1
on 8/7/11 10:47 pm
Cristie,

It is really weird how are cravings change after awhile .   Another one of my downfalls was pizza.  I would eat pizza two times  a day five days a week sometimes it was my favorite all time food to eat lol.

Now, I can eat pizza once a month two slices and dont get me wrong it still taste good but it dont taste as good as I thought it did before my surgery if that makes any sense lol.

I haven't had a fast food hamburger since my surgery 8 months ago and lately I have been craving one .  I want a Big Mac but I haven't broke down and got one , if we go there now I think about ordering one and I get the damn guilt's and eat a piece of grilled chicken instead lol .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

marl16
on 8/8/11 10:45 am - NJ
 As usual i love this forum!!!  I thought i was the only one!!!  Diet coke and diet dr pepper addict here.  My husband still drinks a lot of soda.  I was so thirsty one day and thought i would take a sip.  Ick!!  Didn't taste anything like i remembered! Appreciating the small achievements!

Most Active