Newest "issue" - anyone ever have this after it was out??

Christine S.
on 8/7/11 8:13 pm
Okay, so my band is out - Thank God  - but I am wondering if anyone else had these issues when their bands were removed. Food still gets "stuck"! It's very weird and it feels different than when I had the band. The pain is higher up on the left hand side but I have been bringing up anything solid I try to eat because it gets stuck. Also, last night I took a spoonfull of corn (probably not the best b/c its so rough) but it physically hurt my stomach when it got there. And when I get hungry it is physically painful. Oh, and my hair if falling out - in clumps like I have never had happen. Lol...It never ends I swear!!

Anyone else have anything similar or any words of wisdom after their bands were removed?? I am assuming things will be back to "normal" eventually although maybe that is wrong! Maybe this is the tru secret to the Band. You get, it effs you up, you get it out and then the antibiotics make you not want to eat but when you try you can't?? ;)  Sorry - have to keep my sense of humor!!! 

Thanks for all the support  - you guys are fantastic!! 

Christine
Phyllis C.
on 8/7/11 9:46 pm, edited 8/7/11 9:46 pm
You have just been through a major trauma.  The problems you were having are not typical.  Your insides may have been in bad shape from the band and the infection.

Stop eating solids.  You are healing and very swollen still.  Go back to full liquids and soft food only until you heal.  That could take several weeks or longer in your case.

The hair falling out could be from the surgery and anesthesia.

If you feel you need to contact your surgeon for any reason, don't hesitate.  Go to the ER if you are having any serious symptoms.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Christine S.
on 8/7/11 11:37 pm
Thanks Phyllis

I  thought it may be from swelling. The Dr never told me to stay on liquids so I was just trying to eat. Looks like its yogurt and protein shakes for a bit!! :) 

Thanks!
Christine
codlover
on 8/8/11 12:43 am - Celina, OH

Getting in more protein might help with the hair loss.

Jim from Celina   328 Pounds...GONE !!!!!      
Nic M
on 8/8/11 1:37 am
Since I had the band removed, I never get full. It's like the nerves that tell my body to stop eating are completely shot. I have to gauge what SEEMS like the correct amount otherwise I'd never stop eating, I think.
Satiety is gone since band removal and that stinks.  It wasn't like that before I had the band. I'd eat a lot, but I'd get full.

I'm going to echo what Phyllis said... try to eat soft foods for awhile. You were really put through he wringer and you probably have significant healing to do.

As for the hair falling out... anesthesia. I've had that happen every time I've gone under anesthesia. It stops at a certain point. Take some Biotin in the meantime, maybe. I find that it works well for hair growth for me. (I take about 4000 mcg daily.)

Feel better soon, Christine.

~Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active