Can beef be pureed during this stage?

deboralbtn
on 8/28/11 11:51 pm - FL
I put a nice roast in the crock pot this morning thinking I could puree it tonight when I get home, but, I don't see beef on the list.  Just chicken and fish as far as meat goes.  Is there a reason beef isn't on the list?  Is it harder to digest and I need to avoid it for now or is it because it's higher in fat?  Thanks!

steelerfan1
on 8/28/11 11:54 pm
I was told no beef till I could start solid foods even with it being pureed. I could never puree any of my meat anyways I always gagged lol.

Every doc is different so you will get many answers on this. If its not listed on your list by your doctor I would not eat it then .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Jordiesmama69
on 8/29/11 3:05 am - Roscoe, IL
I never pureed anything that I would want to look at and eat in solid form again one day LOL Soups such as bean based are a good source of protein and pureed they do not look bad. I did alot of refried beans with ff sour cream and salsa at that stage. Chicken salad made with canned chicken breast can be pureed and then add some FF mayo and seasoning, egg salad too. 
steelerfan1
on 8/29/11 4:02 am
Jordie I was the same way lol. For the life of me I would not and could not eat anything pureed like meats it was just nasty lol. 

I lived off refried beans with salsa, cheese and sour cream that week .  I love that stuff and still eat it today lol.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Lisaizme
on 8/29/11 3:53 am - TX
Why not call your doc's office or nutritionist and ask?  :)
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Most Active