Help! Vomiting!

meggiekat
on 8/31/11 4:18 am - Robins, IA
Lap Band on 02/12/11 with
 I've been sick since dinner last night. I thought I might have not chewed the three bites I had properly, so I didn't think much of it, but two and a half hours later I was still throwing up...I even threw up water!

This morning, I thought I was better, so I tried a bit of solid food and began throwing that up. Water was finally starting to stay down this afternoon, so I tried something slightly more solid...big mistake!

I don't know what this is, but I'm really freaked out! It could be a stomach bug (I haven't had one since I got the Lap Band), but I'm really afraid that it might be that the Lap Band has slipped, although I don't know how it could have possibly, since I didn't eat anything save for three bites! 

I'm worried that I'm going to get deydrated, too...
sfnativewm
on 8/31/11 4:36 am
small sips of warm water for a while.   Rule of thumb is once you have vomited, your do liquids only 24 hours, mushies 24 hours, then introduce solids.   I think you really irritated your band area so try to relax and do the small sips for a while.

If no improvement by this afternoon call your dr.   Remember nothing cold as most people tighten their bands with cold items.

Good luck!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

meggiekat
on 8/31/11 5:44 am - Robins, IA
Lap Band on 02/12/11 with
 Thank you!

I think it was a bug and the band area got super irritated. Weak tea with sugar is helping immensely!
Jean M.
on 8/31/11 7:49 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I'm glad you're feeling better. I just want to add that this is the reason I keep a bottle of phenergan (anti-nausea) med on hand...just in case a nasty stomach bug comes along.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

jacreasy
on 8/31/11 8:45 am
VSG on 04/23/12
  is it true that most people that eat COLD things, there band tighten???  I havent heard that before???

Thanks Jen
Annette O.
on 8/31/11 8:54 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
First of all, WHAT ANN SAID!
2nd, when my band was working for me, a cold bottle of water wouldn't tighten me like a drum!
lol
Annette O
Jean M.
on 8/31/11 10:14 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Yes, the cold=tighter, hot=looser thing seems to be quite common.

I didn't notice that for the first year or so. Now I find that I can be starving hungry when I leave work, and after I've had a few swallows of icy cold water, the hunger is gone and I'm "tight" again for an hour or so.

The flip side of this is that if you find you're too tight to eat a meal that you do need for fuel, and you have a hot beverage (like herbal tea) first, the lot liquid seems to lubricate the esophagus and make it easier to eat the meal.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active