band slipped a yr ago, now stuck. HELP!

Kristi H.
on 9/5/11 4:49 am - E Wenatchee, WA
I havn't been on here in a long time, but i hope there is someone that can help me. My band slipped about a yr ago so it's up around my esophogus (sp).  It hasn't really given me much trouble until last night. I ate some roast beef (crock pot cooked) and at about 4 bites into it  I got stuck. Tried to get it out, no luck. Still stuck 17 hrs later. HELP! What do i do now? I have meds i need to be taking and can't. Can't drink , can't eat. Feel terrible.

What ever the LORD brings you to, HE will bring you thru.....
FILL'S  1st 5-30 2cc's   2nd 7-10 4cc's  3rd 9-16 1cc 4th 11-22 1.4cc
Nic M
on 9/5/11 4:55 am
I'm sorry, Kristi. I think you may need to go to the ER. You don't want to risk being dehydrated. You don't want your esophagus to be damaged, either.

You COULD try meat tenderizer to see if it helps, but it might cause you to throw up, too. Are you sure you're still stuck? Is it possible that your esophagus is irritated from being stuck and is swollen? I really think you should talk to a medical professional at this point, to be on the safe side.

Take care. Hope you feel better really soon.

~Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Kristi H.
on 9/5/11 5:02 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Thanks for responding Nicci, maybe i could be swollen but there still seems to be a feeling of something there almost as bad as last night. My ribs are so sore from trying to get it to come up, i don't know if i can tolerate throwing up again. I guess i better see the dr. I had my surgery in MX so the dr's here don't really want to deal w/ me. I have been asking for them to do a barium swallow xray all yr and they won't. Maybe they will now.... 
Thanks again Nicci.

Kristi

Nic M
on 9/5/11 5:49 am
Well, poop.  Everything I ever tried to eat while banded made me throw up. (My stomach was twisted.) 

I know that my esophagus ALWAYS felt like something was stuck in there. But I hate the thought of you having something sitting there in your throat. That isn't good.   If your band slipped again, it could cause your esophagus to really feel wonky. I hope you can get an answer and some help. I'll be thinking of you.

Take care.
Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Kristi H.
on 9/6/11 1:32 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Thanks again Nicci, went to the ER had the barium xray, then they drained my band. All is well now. Thanks for your support, i appreciate.

God bless,
Kristi

Hislady
on 9/5/11 6:20 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Kristi I remember you! Unfortunately I don't have any brilliant cures for you. I agree that you really should see a medicl person to help, I'm afraid this could go badly without medical help. Good luck I hope you get it resolved soon!
Kristi H.
on 9/6/11 1:19 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Hello there, i remember you too. Nice to hear from you. I'm afraid i havn't been a very good bander in the last cpl yrs :(    .   I had some medical probs and gained back what i lost but no more.  Have been diagnosed w/ fibromyalgia, arthritis and some stuff that goes along w/ the FM. So it is really difficult to move and get exercise.  I will work on getting on here more and catching up w/ ppl and getting my weight under control. Again, it's nice to see your "face". lol.
I hope all is well w/ you, God bless.
kristi

Hislady
on 9/6/11 3:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
Oh I hear ya there, I have fibro, arthritis, COPD and developing neuropathy. So I understand not being able to exercise! There is a fibro forum here also if you want to pop in, not always real busy but I usually stop in everyday just to see if anyone has posted.
cheryl1952
on 9/6/11 8:35 pm
Histalady,

Did you have the arthrittis etc before or after the band?  I had sjogrens disease when I got the band. I told the surgeon and he didn't seem to think it was a problem.  6 months after the band I started getting psoriasis and was after a year and many doctors diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis. I am on Embrel and Methrotextate injections every week.  I have never had any kind of sucess with this band.  Now I am considering having it removed.  I just have been wondering if anyone else has had problems with coming down with autoimmune diseases after the lapband is placed.  Did you have your band removed and if so how bad is the surgery to have it removed. I am very scared.  I will be looking for your reply.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Cheryl
melly37
on 9/5/11 7:01 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Hi Kristi, long time no see....sorry it's under these cir****tances.  DId you band slip and you never got it fixed?  I would advise you to rush to a medical professional.  Please don't take this lightly.  You could end up with permanent damage now that something is stuck.  Please.

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Most Active