February/March 2011 Surgery Dates

jrspriggs
on 10/17/11 10:56 am - MD
Hey Ya'll,

I was just wondering how the folks with surgery dates around mine (March 1, 2011) were doing. 

I was 266 one my surgery date and today I am 226, so 40lbs down. I am loving all my new energy. I can move in ways I haven't been able to in 15 years. Heck I can even do cartwheels :)

I am having an issue keeping all my food down recently. It's more of a thick spit of then throwing up. I have an appointment Friday with my doctor. Her nurse thinks I am to tight...we shall see.

I am having a hard time looking at myself naked (dare I say it). My highest weight was 321 (I am 5' 3") so I nearly 100 lbs down. Which is causing loose skin and droopy boobs. On the other hand I'm loving my new body with clothes on.  I am a size 18/20...never thought I would see that!

I'd love to see how ya'll are doing!

Jenny
Jenny S
Jshivery
on 10/17/11 11:42 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Hi Jenny!  I'm Jamie.

I had surgery 3/23.  I was 286 and this morning I was 239.  47lbs down.  Seems really really slow, but thats almost 50 lbs!  Congrats on your weight loss!  I am at a 18/20.  My pants that are 20's are getting very big, but the 18's are still tight around my big ass!  I don't really notice to much difference, but I do get compliments so I guess they can see a difference!  I have an 11 cc band (I think or 14 cc maybe) Boy thats horrible I can't remember, anyway, I have about 8 cc's in it.  I do feel restriction some times, but not always.  I have an appt at the beginning of Novemeber for a fill. 

I wish the weight loss was faster, but I'm willing to work for it!  My biggest hurdle has been to look at a small plate of food and realize its enough!  I still find myself getting a "before" portion and I have to remind myself, I need an "after" portion! 

Good luck and Rock on Sister!!

jrspriggs
on 10/17/11 12:16 pm - MD
Hi Jamie,

Congrats on 47 pounds! I can't wait ti hit the 50lb mark! I am super excited to reach 221, that's 100 down from my highest. Hopefully I will get there in the next few weeks. I am so close, I can't stand it!

I too had the idea that the weight would come off faster. But I have to say, I am actually glad it's not. I am having problems trying to remember I am not as big as I once was. I went out with my friends last weekend and I still found myself "sizing" up the crowd to see if I could fit through it. I also went to my first Redskins game and was worried I wouldn't fit in the seat (oh the heart race) but I fit and had a little wiggle room. All this to say if I lost it quicker I don't think my mind could keep up with the loss. That said I would love to be as close to 200 as possible by December 31st.

Good job and keep it up!
Jenny S
Jshivery
on 10/18/11 9:23 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Jenny,

I agree. I honestly think it would be hard to keep up with the weight loss if it were faster.  I get very upset because I wanted to lose 50 lbs in 6 mths.  Didn't happen, going on 8mth and havent hit it yet.  My exercise has suffered because of kids after school things and such.  But that will be over soon, so I will hit the road hard soon.  I have asked my hubby for a YMCA membership for Christmas.  I said we could get a family one and everyone could go.  What better gift, then the gift of health!  So hopefully I will get that. 

Congrats on your weight loss as well!  I do the same thing.  My gosh I never realized how tight seats were, until they weren't tight anymore.  Its amazing. 

Good luck to you and hope to stay in touch with you! 

Keep up the good work girly!

Anna H.
on 10/21/11 6:06 am - Lawrenceville, PA
Hi Jenny
I had my surgery on March 30,2011 and as of today I am down 40.2 pds. I had a complete unfill 6 weeks ago due to being to tight. So I am very grateful that I havent gained any weight back and in fact have lost 3 pds since. I seem to be one of these people who looses very slowly although I do follow the rules 99.9 % of the time. Every once in a while I do cheat and eat a little more then I should. I walk at least 3 miles a day and sometimes more. I have gone from a size 20/22 pants and a 3X top to a size 14 in pants and an x large in shirts. I'm a little on the short side barely reaching 5 foot and my heighest weight was 227. Weight day of surgery was 217 aqnd I am now at 177. Can I just say that is lowest I have been in 25 years.  I am so proud of myself for getting the courage to do this and realizing that I am wrth doing it for but what makes me even prouder is the fact that my youngest daughter just had the sleeve done and she told me it was because of me doing this and seeing that I could do it gave her the inspiration to do it.I look forward to getting to know all of you and watching our progress as well. Good luck to all of us.
  1.           "Rescuing one dog will not change the world...But for that dog the world will be forever changed.
Most Active