3 months post op and pregnant,,,

ladyzara
on 10/23/11 9:57 am
After trying for over 5 years preop even with clomid etc, nothing, now here I am 3 months out and I am pregnant.  I was using nuvaring and had spotting while I was on it, I didnt think anythin of it.  Went to see my primary care because i am a diabetic and she wanted to see how my A1c since I came off the meds, I mentioned the spotting and she added the Hcg test just to be sure.  I dont know how to feel right now,I'm scared, upset, and I'm happy but am wondering what will happen with my health, My Md seems to think that an unfil will do the job and the baby would get all of the nutrients he/she needs, but i'm concerned with complications. I had an appointment for a fill on November 7th, I'm not sure if I should get a sooner appointment or if I should keep that one.   Has this happened to anyone? Anyone get pregnant this soon after surgery?  Any advice for me?  Please help.  Thanks
airhead_74
on 10/23/11 10:36 am
DS on 08/20/12
Follow the advice of your doctors. They know best. Eating healthy will be good for you & baby. Just make sure to get the calories you need and get plenty of folic acid. Congratulatuins!!! 

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

binaca965
on 10/23/11 10:55 am
 i agree.  that's one of the advantages of having the band, you can defill if need be to get the nutrition you and your child need. and i feel ya!  i have not ever been able to get pregnant because of my weight inhibiting ovulation.  now that i have the band i'm excited to have that opportunity but i definetly don't want it now.  i was thinking like a year or so... like after i lose all the weight!!  i'm soooooo excited for you though!!!   
looking4hope
on 10/23/11 1:51 pm
Someone else on the board recently posted they were with child. I think she had her band for 3-6 months. Good luck!
Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Mylplife
on 10/23/11 7:33 pm
I know here in Idaho there are OB doctors that let you stay filled during pregnancy, but are strict on the idea of whatever goes in your mouth better be high nutrient, protein packed etc. Because of the myth that "you're eating for two" is so common now, they are educating woman that the added calories/nutrients for baby doesnt start till your third trimester. So for 6 months you could possibly have some fill- but to echo everyone else, do what the drs say. I havent actually gone through that post band, but its something Im looking for for when i want to get pregnant. CONGRATS!!!! And remember, you'll still have the band and can work on the rest of the journey later!! You can do this!! You're a rock star!

thiknena19
on 10/24/11 12:02 am - bronx, NY
wow if i was on ur shoes i would feel just as u feel. I never had problems getting pregnant at 330 pounds but if u been trying i guess now it is the right time. God wants you to have this baby now reason why it took so long :) as for the band i have read alot of stories about women getting pregnant with it so google.... it is possible to have the band and baby!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

ladyzara
on 10/25/11 9:52 am
Thanks for all of the support guys, I made my Ob appt for November18th so hopefully I'll know more by then. Thanks again
cristie2000
on 10/27/11 9:21 am
 Congrats!  I was four months out when I found out I was also pregnant.  It was hard to adjust from weight loss mode to baby mode.  However, I have known for six weeks now and I have happily adjusted.  I had to have my fluid taken out due to morning sickness.  I will tell you if you start fighting nausea, do not hesitate getting fluid out.  It helped relieve some of my nausea after I had some removed.  I have only put on three pounds so far and that was right in the beginning and was probably fluid.  The band, I feel, is going to help me keep from packing on tons of weight during the pregnancy.  Even with the fluid out I still feel some restriction.  We should be here for each other, because it is quite an adjustment going from one mode to the other!  Enjoy the pregnancy and do not worry about a thing.  You only have to add 300 calories to your diet, which is very doable.  
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

Most Active