Looking for positive banders!

Guernica Loser
on 10/30/11 8:57 am
I'm hanging in there, girly.  Weight is the furthest from my mind.  Getting well from vasculitis is my main goal along with building strength.  Sooo, hopefully that will lower the scale LOL

I have ALWAYS respected you.  Your delivery is clear, non judgemental and based on your experiences...not what you "heard" about.  People need to know these things CAN and DO happen.  Knowing some of the signs earlier could prevent someone from getting as sick as you did.  What you went through was disturbing and I believe if you had been better informed you would have known sooner what the doc should have known immediately.  Before getting sick I used to really "worship" doctors.  Now I realize they are you and me and just read more health books than we did.  If we educate ourselves we will know just as much as they do and we can be a part of our health plan rather than listening to someone else tell us what to do.
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

Nic M
on 10/30/11 9:25 am
Thank you so much for this kind post. I'm sorry you're having trouble with vasculitis. I know what you mean about weight loss being furthest from your mind. I'm kind of there with you! 

You are so right... you need to do your own research and educate yourself! That's one thing I came out of this experience with... knowing that I had to be proactive when it came to my health. Man, if I had waited for the "doctor" to help me, I'd be dead now. (And then I'd have to wait until the zombie apocalypse to get revenge.)    

I'm glad to see you again.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active