hair loss?

Jshivery
on 10/31/11 10:47 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Okay everyone, I know sometimes people lose their hair after surgery, but I am about 8 mths out and my hair is thinning so bad....OMG I noticed the other day that the top of my head is very thin.  I'm very worried.  I have started Biotin, but dang Im worried.  I don't know if any of it connects but I have been super duper tired.  I actually fall asleep at 930 pm and my kids have to get me up at 930 am and I can still take a nap on top of that.  That isn't like me.  I don't know if maybe I'm lacking protein or something?  Any ideas or thoughts? 

I have only lost 47lbs in 8mths.  I'm very disappointed in that, but I have to look at it this way, thats 47lbs I wouldn't have lost before! 

Thanks everyone in advanced for any suggestions!

Bette B.
on 10/31/11 1:37 pm
 How's your protein intake? Try adding a protein shake per day and see what happens.

I had minor hair loss at one point, and that was all it took for the loss to stop.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 10/31/11 11:08 pm - UK
 Googke telogen effluvium. Temporary hair loss due to trauma such as anaesthesia. Self limiting and by the time you notice loss, regrowth has already started.

But it does sound as if you may be low on protein if you are so tired.

Just a thought, slow loss, very tired, hair loss ....... Have you had your thyroid function checked recently?

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Jshivery
on 11/1/11 11:58 am
Revision on 03/10/16
i think my protein is pretty low.  I havent been very good about tracking it.  But believe me I'm starting to track!  I haven't had any blood work done,  except my Vit D (which was low) at 3 mths out.  So maybe my doctor will order some on Monday when I see him for a fill. 

I know its normal after surgery, but 8 mnths out?  I thought it would be more like a couple months.  Either way, I will watch my protein intake and try something that way.

Thanks ladies, you guys are wonderful!!!

MARIA F.
on 11/1/11 12:08 pm - Athens, GA

I have finally gone to the Drs. about my hair loss. I am almost 2 yrs. out and this has been going on since I was about 3 months out. The cosmotologist told me it was probably hormonal. When I mentioned that to the Dr. he said it was probably thyroid and ordered that test and it was fine. The NP said it was probably b/c of the band and ordered all my labs last wk. 14 tubes. She said the results of all of it would take a wk. to come in. I'm interested in finding out what it is. My hair is sooooooo thin now! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active