Need Advice!

Ashley A.
on 11/2/11 9:21 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Hey Everyone,

I have an appointment schedule with my surgeon tomorrow but I'm not sure If I should get a fill or not. I'm starting to wonder if I have stretched my pouch. I'm almost 3 years out and I have been yo-yoing the same 5-10 lbs for months now. When I eat solid protein and eat the way I'm supposed to, I don't get full quickly at all. I have 3.5 cc's in my band currently, I feel like if I get much more than that I would get stuck very easily when eating meat, etc. He usually puts a half cc in each time I go in for a fill. Should I possibly ask for less than that? and Does anyone know if there are symptoms for when a pouch becomes stretched out? I was thinking about asking for a Barium swallow to check everything out under the X-Ray.
Any advice would be great.

Thank you.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

spuddzy
on 11/2/11 9:41 am - NY
I'm the same as you. Been basically the same weight and next week I feel if I =get a fill I won't be able to eat alot of foods that get stuck. I haven't had any eposodessince last fill last month. I only have about 3 cc in band. But I need the scale to go down and eat less and be satisfied with a little food in pouch. Right now I have no restriction at all.

spuddzy

NanaB.
on 11/2/11 10:15 am
 Pouch dilation is a prelude to band a full band slip. Pouch dilation is very tricky to recognize because it does not happen right away, it progresses over time. Pouch dilation can't occur unless you've been too tight. Pouch dilation occurs when a patient eats too much on a too tight band and pack the pouch with too much food and vomits frequently.

Pouch dilation symptoms are suddenly able to eat more food accompanied with some reflux issues and some people think they need another fill. The only way to make sure your pouch is ok is get a fill with Fluro or an Upper GI. 

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

Ashley A.
on 11/3/11 5:51 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Hang in there Spuddzy..it gets frustrating. I ended up getting 1 cc in the band today. I'm going to stay on liquids for a few days and see how it goes.

Thanks for the explanation NanaB. I asked my surgeon how likely it is to stretch the pouch and they said its not very easy. They woudn't schedule me for an x-ray though since I'm not having any problems. Hopefully this fill will help and get me losing again.

Thanks again.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Most Active