Port pain where i had my port revised...

jules777
on 11/27/11 3:06 am - CA
I havent been on here for a while but I am posting because I am having a lot of pain lately around my port revision area of my lap band. When i eat anything or when i bend over on the side of where my band port was revised, I have major pain. It is really uncomfortable... I wont even go into my lack of success with the band, that is another story all together and now I am having port pain every day. I wonder if I could have an infection from the 2nd surgery I had a few months ago? Any thoughts anyone?

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 3:21 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Please call your surgeons office for an appointment.

My port felt like it was burning and stinging. It would swell and become sensitive to touch. Many times I leaned against the kitchen counter and jumped back from the port sensitivity pain. Nothing ever showed up on the tests. Eventually I came to find out that my 2ND band had slipped and eroded.

This could definitely be an infection or it could be your body rejecting the port, or a problem with your tubing.

Please call your surgeon

Lisa

Kate -True Brit
on 11/27/11 4:10 am - UK
 As Pumpkin says. Call your doc. If the band erodes the stomach tissue, the only sympton may be pain at the site of the port as infection travels along the outside of the tubing. 

Hoefully it is not this. But it needs checking.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active