Any weight challenges starting up?

michele1
on 1/23/12 5:52 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Finally going to my Surgeon on Thursday to hopefully get filled again....and being that I am looking at a 25 pound weight gain I think a challenge to get back on track would be great.

I have already begun by starting couch to 5K, trying to stay away from white sugar and artificial sugar (I use Stevia) and every meal or snack having a good protein to carb ratio (no carbs without protein).

I tried getting back to the small bites, chewing food to a mush but it has been hard because there has been no reason to.........but hopefully with a full I will be able to get back on track.....

I have taken full accountability for the gain, I put the bad foods in my mouth the band being unfilled was not to blame......

So I feel I'm off to a good start and thought that a challenge would be good...........I'd like to see if the band will work a second time as good as the first.....loved being at 90 pounds lost and want to be there again (that last 10 pounds isn't as important now).... of course now I am the big 50 and I keep hearing it is harder to lose...nothing ever worked for me like the band did......

So hopefully there is a challenge starting up (I can't run one but are hoping someone can)...

Thanks,

Michele
-Mari-
on 1/25/12 11:11 am
Why don't you start one??? I know you said you can't but maybe just have everyone check in, twice a month or something, nothing fancy?  Also, wondering what happened to "what we are eating, today", both the fitness and food, always helped me. And I am back on the "bandwagon" as Jean would say.  C25K is hard, I did it before, (not all the way  ) but found out if gets easier each day. Good job with starting that!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
michele1
on 1/25/12 9:02 pm
Revision on 07/07/15
Oh, I'm not good with spreadsheets and I am not always consistent..........I am going back to the surgeon this morning and hopefully will get refilled so..........I will think about it.....Why not you? LOL.... sounds like two little kids, you do it no you do it.....

I started doing my calorie and fitness count on Livestrong last Saturday so I have already started..... will be starting week 3 of C25K....not sure how I will make it either LOL.....

This forum has changed alot since I first got banded.....

Michele

-Mari-
on 1/26/12 10:56 am
Eeenie Meenie Miney Mo, LOL
Yeah, I miss the old forum, too. I went away for a few months and then Bette's Christmas exchange got me back on.
Week 3, that is great! I remember the very first day of week 1, I thought I was going to die in the middle of the street. But day 2 was a little easier, etc. I am just starting back using my treadmill. I go to my WLS office next Friday to see what's going on. (my band is acting weird)
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Most Active