Small fill = big difference!

anjo
on 1/26/12 2:37 am
I had to be unfilled for a bit due to some heart burn, etc. Now I am back up again. Just had a one quarter fill and I cannot believe how much that small of a fill can make. I have excellent restriction. Yahoooo! Time to start going down, down, down!

I am 3. 5 years out. People, you have to work this thing. It can help you a lot, but having a good fill and good medical/follow-up care is key! I am grateful that my surgeon provided two years of follow up care as part of my surgery cost. Now I can buy a $500 contract each year for all the fills, office calls I need. It is a great deal because I keep up better knowing it is already paid for!

A warning to newbies---be sure you have a surgeon who cares about follow-up. The band REQUIRES IT!
Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/26/12 5:46 pm, edited 1/28/12 1:45 am
I absolutely couldn't agree more! I think a lot of the success with the LapBand depends on your surgeon. How they placed the band and the support you receive following it's placement. My surgeon (he's now retired) was excellent and very skilled. His success rate was amazing! His follow up was excellent! You could be seen every month and IF you didn't get a fill (which only cost $15.00) your visit was free! You can't beat that!

I have always gotten great restriction with teeny tiny fills! My last fill was 0.15ml! That isn't even a quarter of a ml!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

debbie H.
on 1/27/12 2:30 am - AR
I have to agree too.  My doc's fee in cludes fills for 18months, and I'm just barely over a year out.  Unfills are "no charge" because they want NO ONE suffering because they can't afford an unfill.  Unfortunately, when I do have to pay for fills, they are not just $15.  Kudos to that doc's office.

Most Active