Updates on your plan?

coachgrrl
on 1/31/12 12:13 pm
 I finally got my appointments lined up.  Saw my therapist today and have an appt with my surgeon for my 2 yr f/u and a small fill on monday.  

I'd like to share a few things my therapist shared with me:

"Negative always creates negative, in order to succeed there must be hope and possiblity"

and 

"Think of your eating as a 80/20 proposition...you're not perfect..but if you follow the rules 80% the other 20% won't matter"  

She's always good at getting my head straight.  I expect a lot out of myself.  Over the past 6 months I've put my wt loss on the back burner because I have been in a new role at work, a dd going to college and a mom going into assisted living.  They are all going well...so now back to me:)

Lisa O.
on 2/1/12 2:27 am - Snoqualmie, WA
The 80/20 rule works and so does positive thinking!  That's why I use the weekdays to be very regimented diet wise and allow myself a little slack (controlled slack) on the weekends.  But, I have 25 lbs I want to lose, so no more maintenence mind.  Time to get back on track!

I'm a sugar addict and have been struggling wtih refined sugar since the holidays.  It takes 28 repetitions to make a new habit so I'm using the 29 days in Feb. to kick the sugar habit.  For me, that means no candy, cookies or cake for 29 days.  Read labels and don't choose anything that has more than 7g of sugar per serving, and log my food daily.  This is how I lost 115 lbs and I know it works.

Life happens and stresses are ALWAYS present.  Giving in to the food addiction only makes it worse.  I have to ask myself every time I go to put something in my mouth, "Will this help me reach my health goals?"  No?  Then don't eat it!  It's not worth it!

Good luck, Coach!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active