Airplane Flying

hpaige28
on 3/29/12 5:38 am - Manchester, NH
Does anything happen to the band when flying. I cannot remember?
Beginning Weight = 250
Surgery Weight = 229.1

Bette B.
on 3/29/12 5:50 am
 You'll get different responses to this question. I am always, always, always tight when I am in the air. At the airport, I'm perfectly fine but that little rubber ******* always finds a way to tighten up when the plane gets to cruising altitude.

On the other hand, lots of people say they have no problem at all.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

hopeful and happy
on 3/29/12 8:26 am - Skinnytown, MA
I've never had an issue!
kathkeb
on 3/29/12 9:31 am
No problems for me -- I used to fly 6 - 8 times a month, now it is only once or twice -- but still no problems.

I always carry a protein bar or something I can eat - and I buy a bottle of water after I get through security.  I never rely on airplanes or airports to have food that I can eat.

I have also been delayed and gotten to my hotel very late, and not been able to get food easily -- so usually pack a pouch of soup or something that can be fixed with the coffee-maker, if needed.
Kath

-Mari-
on 3/29/12 9:59 am
I was worried about that too. I made sure and drank a bottle of water before boarding the plane, I had no problems.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
MARIA F.
on 3/29/12 1:39 pm - Athens, GA

I've not had any issues flying.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Tooty
on 3/30/12 3:57 am - Germantown, TN
I don't have problems when flying...

I think for some it is the stress of flying that causes the band to tighten up vs. the actual flying part...
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Lisaizme
on 3/31/12 12:49 pm - TX
 I've been on 5 flights in the past 6 months and not had any adverse problems.

I take a shaker bottle, single servings of protein powder and protein bars in my purse or carry-on JIC, but so far have never needed them.

The worst thing I've had happen is I was well hydrated and a turbulent flight and they didn't want us to get out of our seats.  I nearly had bladder failure.   But no band problems.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Most Active