Oh ****!

MARIA F.
on 4/23/12 2:08 pm - Athens, GA
On April 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM Pacific Time, looking4hope wrote:
I hope you find someone even better!

Well thanks. I actually transfered from the band mill about 2 years ago, and the Dr. I've been seeing is wonderful. He did everything he could to work with me, and as negative as my band experience has been, he and his PA have been a pleasure to work with.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Tom C.
on 4/24/12 4:34 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Maria,

Hope you find a new Doctor who isn't expensive. As you probably know, OH has a section to find Doctors in your State/area. Maybe begin there to see if there are any good and REASONABLE Doctors near you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
MARIA F.
on 4/24/12 4:57 am - Athens, GA

Thanks Tom. There is a very good Dr. in the Atl. area that I'm sure I'll use. Just not sure about the cost yet. Hopefully I won't need to find out anytime soon just how expensive it might be, lol.

FormerlyFluffy.com

MARIA F.
on 4/24/12 5:47 am - Athens, GA

Just called. $500 for fill or unfill. "Cash discount".

FormerlyFluffy.com

Cherokeesage
on 4/24/12 1:22 pm, edited 4/24/12 1:23 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
We had 3 bariatric surgeons and they all left at the same time.  I had a band that pinched from the start but thought it was the norm.  The 2nd yr more issues and when I went to the Dr he said I was doing great and nothing was out of the ordinary as bands do slip and reposition.  He never sent me for any testing or under any xray to look at the band.   I had 2cc and he said at the rate I was going it was my sweet spot so no fill needed.  Drs are then gone and issues getting worse but I held out yr 2 hoping for a bariatric surgeon to come to town.  Eventually got so bad I had to look for a new Dr.  Ended up having to have the band removed.  I will always wonder if I would still have my band had I gone to a more experienced surgeon. I wasn't going to use him but two in our support group praised him and one called me at home and chatted about how great he was.  Both had reached their goals.  However,  both had their bands so tight that they ended up with severe problems later on.   Needless to say I made sure the 2nd Dr had years of experience.  Good thoughts being sent for finding a new Dr.  

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

MARIA F.
on 4/24/12 1:34 pm - Athens, GA
 Well thanks so much Barbara.I'm hoping I don't need to be seen anytime soon, but...........ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

So how do u love that RNY? :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Cherokeesage
on 4/25/12 1:58 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Thus far all is going well. I don't have any pain as with LB.  Since many never have pain, I really think something wasn't right from day 1.    I have mild Chron's disease so was worried about a permanent surgery in case the Chron's gets worse and I end up needing to gain wt.  Thus far, starting with the banding, I have been in remission for almost 4 yrs.  I'm hopeful eating small amounts and being selective in food choices will keep it in remission so I don't have to face resections and the constant run to the bathroom.  At first, I was going to just remove the band and not have another surgery but I felt I needed it for my joints, feet, back and overall health.  With both I am very protective of my tool so there are things that I will not eat.   I will eat those foods if I have no tool.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active