Oh ****!

MARIA F.
on 4/23/12 5:50 am - Athens, GA

So I just found out the Dr. that I use is retireing. Must now find a new bariatric surgeon, and I'm quite sure that will be more expensive. :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

free4l1fe
on 4/23/12 6:13 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 oh no!! Is there a nurse practioner that is going to stay for all the follow up patients?
MARIA F.
on 4/23/12 6:19 am - Athens, GA

My understanding is that he will now be working in cardiac. :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

free4l1fe
on 4/23/12 6:27 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 awwww that is too bad. I'm sorry. that seems so unfair to his patients :(
MARIA F.
on 4/23/12 2:12 pm - Athens, GA

Not his fault though. The hospital is closing their bariatric dept. He will now either retire or try to relocate. It is much worse news for him than me! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

michele1
on 4/23/12 8:25 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Some docs have someone take over their patient base, hopefully that will be the case for you~~~ will keep my fingers crossed.

Michele
MARIA F.
on 4/23/12 2:15 pm - Athens, GA

There is someone else I can go through much more local, but it will cost more. I don't go very often though, so not such a big deal I suppose.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Hislady
on 4/23/12 1:24 pm - Vancouver, WA
It may be a blessing in disguise! I recently had to change my beloved primary doc who was just so awesome, plus he had no issues with giving me the pain meds I need. Well I found a new doc and she is just fantastic, she just informed me that my blood work came back low on my thyroid and is starting me on it. I've told docs for years I thought my thyroid was wonky and they'd say well it's a little on the low side but not enough to supplement. Plus when I went in the ER last week they called me the next day to see how I was and make sure I got follow up appt. and she was happy to OK my pain meds and is even switching me to something she thinks will work better. So I'm really happy with the new one. I hope you have the same happen for you!
MARIA F.
on 4/23/12 2:10 pm - Athens, GA
On April 23, 2012 at 8:24 PM Pacific Time, Hislady wrote:
It may be a blessing in disguise! I recently had to change my beloved primary doc who was just so awesome, plus he had no issues with giving me the pain meds I need. Well I found a new doc and she is just fantastic, she just informed me that my blood work came back low on my thyroid and is starting me on it. I've told docs for years I thought my thyroid was wonky and they'd say well it's a little on the low side but not enough to supplement. Plus when I went in the ER last week they called me the next day to see how I was and make sure I got follow up appt. and she was happy to OK my pain meds and is even switching me to something she thinks will work better. So I'm really happy with the new one. I hope you have the same happen for you!

Well I hope it does work even better for you! Hugs!

FormerlyFluffy.com

looking4hope
on 4/23/12 1:34 pm
I hope you find someone even better!
Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Most Active