Misery loves company

CHVLADY
on 5/9/12 10:26 am
Well, here I am 2 1/2 years out from lapband surgery.  I have had 4cc in my 9cc band and have had mild to moderate restriction.  When I am stressed or sick I get too tight.  Just before my cycle I get too tight.  Recently I have had to travel a lot and have noticed that I get too tight when I travel.  A month ago, on a long and very bumpy flight, I experienced pain during the last hour of the flight.  I was very nauseated.  I went home, took anti nausea medication and fell asleep for 14 hours.  From there it has been night after night with reflux and heartburn during the day. 
Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday the reflux in the middle of the night was so bad it was more like losing my stomach contents than reflux.  I am again traveling and had to go see a Dr in the city I am visiting.  He did a complete unfill and put me on liquids to give my stomach time to "heal".  He described a slip but did not do an xray or any other test to determine whether or not I had a slip.
I immediately felt relief after the unfill.  
It is hard to be on liquids while traveling!  I leave here tomorrow and go east for another four days! 
This morning I tried a smoothie from room service and within about ten minutes I had a slight twinge of pain in my left chest.  What's that?  Is a smoothie too thick?
Tonight is an awards banquet where I will be seated with the executives (no one knows I had lapband surgery.)  I am anxious about what I will say when I don't eat.  
Thanks for the "ear"
CVL

Nic M
on 5/9/12 10:46 am
Hi CVL,

As to the twinge in your chest... Vagus nerves, most likely. And, COLD really seems to affect it. Whenever I'd have ice cream or anything cold, it was much worse.

It really sounds like you need a fluoroscopy Xray because it's better to know what you're dealing with.

Good luck and I hope you have smooth travels.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Stephanie M.
on 6/27/12 3:04 pm
 That sucks!  How are you feeling now?

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active