Help starting over.....Getting back on track....How do you do it?

Tiffany P.
on 5/30/12 12:54 am - Sherman, TX
I'm ready to get back and start loosing weight again. Any Ideas or thoughts on what I should do or eat, Anything at this point would help.
kathkeb
on 5/30/12 1:53 am
Band Basics (as I learned them)

No liquid calories (except skim milk in moderation)
Lean/Solid protein first at each meal (2 - 4 ounces cut into small bites, eaten slowly and carefully)
Veggies and whole grains (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup per meal)

Limit meals to about 20 minutes of eating time.

No drinking with meals or for30 - 60 minutes after (if I wait a full hour I am much more satisfied than if I only wait 30 minutes)

Small snacks in between meals--- better to eat often than to overeat at any one meal

Light to moderate exercise daily (30 - 60 minutes of walking is a good start) building up as you can.

Lots of water --- lots of activity to distract you from eating.
Kath

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 1:58 am
 hi tiffany (kath gave you so fabulous hints that i will use also) 
but this is gonna sound hokey but how to get back on track.

just start. right now
Tiffany P.
on 5/30/12 3:11 am - Sherman, TX
I started this morning, I had a dite dr.pepper and for lunch I had a salad and I have 2 lt of water.
SueBee01
on 5/30/12 11:15 am, edited 5/30/12 11:15 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
If possible, I would cut out the soda. Also I cut out a lot of the salads and fill up on the protein it will last longer. You may even want to try protein drinks for a couple days to get you started.

You will get lots of support here, they are a great group!
 Sue

bandhope
on 5/31/12 2:34 am - TX
Everyone is different so always keep that in mine. You have to find what works for you since this is a lifelong commitment to better health.  I had to learn to view food and working out in a whole new light. My food is viewed as fuel and nutrition quality rules over my choices. Food can still be enjoyable and exciting. You just have to keep an open mind and think "fresh". Try and stay away from processed or "diet foods". Working out is a natural stress reliever and the benefits you gain are amazing! I'm not talking about fitting into the cute little sundress (which is a fun thing too), I am talking about the natural high it gives you, the new found energy, and the endless list of benefits working out can bring you. You have to find something fun that you enjoy..always keep in mind this is not a temporary thing. You must keep it exciting and new so you will continue to work out for a lifetime. I never follow a diet found in a magazine, book, or friend's advice. It is setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. I have times where I eat junk, but I always feel so gross and know I must get back to treating my body right by giving myself the right balance of nutrition. I don't spend days at a time down on myself when I goof. I make a plan to eat better and work out and move on. Keep your outlook positive and be kind to yourself.
I would suggest finding a good gym and getting to know those who live this type of lifestyle. It can be extremely motivating to see others living this way and surrounding yourself with positive people. Best wishes to you!!!
Most Active