HICCUPS (HELLLLP)

lakendajack
on 9/10/12 7:05 am - NJ
WHAT AM I TO DO ABOUT THESE HICCUPS IT'S ANNOYING :-(
threetwentyfive
on 9/10/12 11:27 am
 I work in the ER and our solution to hiccups is this: 

Take a half of a packet of pure sugar and empty it into your throat as far back as you can (to the very back of your tongue is best)

99% of the time, this fixes those annoying hiccups. 

Good luck!
lakendajack
on 9/11/12 5:16 am - NJ
lol I didnt try that but that is definitely good info to know thank you!!!
wendyb315
on 9/10/12 11:51 am
I have trouble with hiccups after a fill.  It's my signal that I need to do two things: slow down my eating and stop before I'm full.  If I still get the hiccups, then I try to concentrate on taking slow deep breaths and letting them out even more slowly concentrating on controlling my diaphram.  It helps.

Good luck.  I know how annoying hiccups can be!
lakendajack
on 9/11/12 5:18 am - NJ
yes it was annoying!!!! but I did take the deep slow breaths I know i had to much...I had a special k shake shredded sliced pepper turkey and a special k meal bar,,,,so to me that was to much....i know not to do that again.....THANK YOU!!!!
pineview01
on 9/10/12 4:16 pm - Davison, MI
Hiccups let me know I should not have taken that last bite!

Did that scare them out?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

lakendajack
on 9/11/12 5:20 am - NJ
HAHAHAHA, THANK YOU!!! I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR THE SLEEVE...I HAVE UNITED HEALTHCARE NOW I SWITCHED JOBS SO I NO LONGER HAVE BLUECROSS....IF I DECIDE TO REMOVE THE BAND I WILL FIGHT FOR THE SLEEVE AS WELL...ITS AN EXCUSION WITH MY JOB BENEFITS..IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING REALLY WRONG TO HAVE IT REMOVED....
pineview01
on 9/11/12 8:49 am - Davison, MI
How long have you had your band?  Are you having issues? 
I had 2.5 years of medical problems before I got mine out. 
My insurance wouldn't have paid to have it out if not. 
Luckly the head of refurals had a band so she understood. 
She only had hers 6 months before she had to have it out.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active