Q's for vets - 2 years since last fill - restriction change?

kalamtykel
on 9/10/12 8:24 pm

Its been so long since ive been here.  I spent some time on the "pregnancy after WLS" forum, but have been gone a long time. 

So anyway... I'm 3 years out and had my last fill about 2 years ago.  I had been doing well for the most part.  I had a baby in March, and hardly gained any weight during the pregnancy.  Thank you Lap-Band!  But since i'm nursing, i'm starving ALL the time!  I've gained more weight since giving birth than i did while i was pregnant.  The last week or so ive noticed that i really dont feel much restriction.  I can eat more than I should be eating.  Granted, i will say i'm sure ive gained from making bad decisions when hungry.  I dont doubt i could get it off if i went back to the band rules and got my butt back to working out.  But i'm a little concerned that after all this time i dont feel any restriction.  What do you think?  I will be calling my doc for an appointment.  I just wanted to check in with you guys in the mean time.

Thanks for your help! 

NanaB .
on 9/10/12 8:32 pm
If it were me, I would first ask for an Upper GI to check the status of my band, and then if every things is ok, I would ask for a fill.  Good luck.

Original Lap Band * 9/30/2005 * 4cc 10cm band*,  lost 130 pounds. 7 Great years! 

Revision surgery to AP small lap band *11/13/2012*, due to large hiatal hernia. I am hopeful about continuing my band journey uneventful and successful. I loved what my old band did for me and I am looking forward for my new band to Keep my weight downsmiley

pineview01
on 9/10/12 9:56 pm - Davison, MI
Nana may be right!

You have gone thru major hormonal changes.  You sound just like me thru all three pregnancy and lactations.  I didn't have a band thru it though.  But, your story is what I went thru three times.  I think you already covered what you need to do, better choices and get back to the band rules.

Get it checked out and a fill if everything is OK!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Stephanie M.
on 9/12/12 8:32 am

You should be able to eat more while breast feeding...about 500-1000 calories more per day.  Maybe try going low carb and snacking on raw veggies dipped in NF Ranch made with Greek yogurt (0% Fat), and other healthy options.  A fill might help too, you just want to not over-do it.

Congrats on the baby!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active