NSV-ran my half marathon!

whithark
on 10/2/12 2:31 am - Bristol, RI

I ran my first half marathon this past Sunday!  Finished in 2 hours 34 minutes.  No walking, no stopping.  If anyone ever told me a couple years ago I'd be able to do that, I would have busted out laughing!  It felt amazing.  My time was slow...but I DID IT!  

I've been frustrated with my weight loss, but much of it is my fault, so I can't blame my band.  However, I am grateful because if it wasn't for the surgery, I don't think I ever would have had the motivation to push harder and harder like I do now!

Next half in November...then I start training for the full marathon, woot-woot! 

Jaime 

cryspyx
on 10/2/12 2:48 am - Hartford, CT
Nice! I can't wait to get to that point to where I can run and not feel like I'm dying or my knees are going to go on strike. :) That's awesome that you've reached that point where you can run half marathons. 
Stephanie M.
on 10/2/12 3:23 am
 Great accomplishment, congrats!  My husband and daughter do one or two per year...your time is very good!!!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Ramjb249
on 10/2/12 3:32 am
CONGRATULATIONS!  My goal is to do the same thing next year for the American Cancer Society. 

kathkeb
on 10/2/12 10:26 am
 Wow, I am so impressed, congratulations!!!!

i have done some half marathons, but in a run/walk capacity.  My poor old knees and ankles won't run as much as my heart wants to!!

best of luck on the marathon training.  I can't wait to read all about that one!!!!!!
Kath

pineview01
on 10/2/12 3:14 pm - Davison, MI
Congratulations!  What a great NSV for sure!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active