Fills I new Mexico

SEXYBBW86
on 10/5/12 12:18 pm
Does anyone know of a doctor in new Mexico that does fills my friend is getting the lap band in Mexico she need to find a doctor that does fills please let use know thank you
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/12 12:36 pm
On October 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM Pacific Time, SEXYBBW86 wrote:
Does anyone know of a doctor in new Mexico that does fills my friend is getting the lap band in Mexico she need to find a doctor that does fills please let use know thank you

Good luck with that one.  For years NM had no bariatric surgeons AT ALL.  Then a couple of doctors from Phoenix were going there something like 1 week out of every month.  Last I heard there was one nurse and one doctor on either side of the state and that was it.  But, that was about a year ago.  Hopefully there are more now.

If she can't find someone reasonably close she needs to rethink her surgery type.  Emergency unfills cannot wait.

kathkeb
on 10/5/12 1:11 pm
HAs your friend considered VSG?

It has so much less maintenance than the band does...and it seems to have better long term success.

I would never recommend getting a band away from consistent medical help. Many times local docs will,not touch bands that they did not place.
I had a great medical team on my home town and I had about 8 fills in the first year and 2 follow up appointments that did not include fills.

Paying out of pocket for consistent follow up is expensive even if she finds someone to do it.
Kath

SEXYBBW86
on 10/5/12 3:05 pm
Thank you do you guys know in Arizona or Colorado that do fills
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/12 3:13 am
On October 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM Pacific Time, SEXYBBW86 wrote:
Thank you do you guys know in Arizona or Colorado that do fills

I do.  Many.  But I won't list them.  Someone can die trying to get to an emergency unfill.  Your friend needs to look at a safer WLS, having to travel with no other options is not doing your friend any favors.

Safety has to come first, wouldn't you agree?
melly37
on 10/6/12 6:30 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
 There is a surgeon in Albuquerque with Lovelace hospital that does Lapbands, and fills, of course.  Also, a clinic in Santa Fe, St. Vincent's. fills are quite costly if not covered by insurance. 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

SEXYBBW86
on 10/8/12 11:55 am
Do you no how much she would b looking at with out insurance
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/12 12:18 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Fills can be horribly expensive when they aren't covered by insurance.  I've heard as high as $500 in some cases.

If your friend is going to Mexico for surgery, the advise offered by other posters about considering a different type of surgery is spot on.  The band is higher maintenance than other surgeries and, in the long term, at least as expensive if not more so, when you factor in the cost of fills.
Most Active