i-Band revision on Nov. 2

miltrez
on 10/26/12 2:00 am - Yukon, OK

Well $#!+...

Band slip, stomach pouch dilation, and herniated stomach into Eshophogas area.

Surgeon is gonna fix that, then imbricate stomach in on itself to give me both band , and effects of sleeve, without the actual removal of stomach. Reversible, so it can be made to go away as well.

Anyhow, I will keep a running post in here on how things are going after surgery. Since this is a relatively new procedure, I will  post up what all happens and how it goes.

Zee Starrlite
on 10/26/12 2:20 am, edited 10/26/12 2:23 am

NO, NO, NO!!! NOT reversible!!!  Do NOT do this procedure!!!  A plication can not be taken down with the exception of doing so in the first couple of weeks.  I myself was going to have a vertical sleeve plication also known as an imbrication.  A wise person told me "you will have the scar tissue of having had 50 Lap Bands on your stomach - an exaageration but true".  This is a very bad idea!!!!  Your stomach will be folded repeatedly and sutured repeatively possibly cutting off circulation to your stomach - the tissue can indeed die. 

Now don't say anyone did not tell you this.  Point blank your doc is lying to you and knows better.  I usually never step this far on a limb to sway someone from a procedure but this is a bad one, a very bad one ESPECIALLY with all the issues you are having stemming from the bands pressure.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Nic M
on 10/26/12 2:35 am

I would NOT do this procedure under any cir****tances whatsoever.  Have you researched it fully? I'd really reconsider, if I were you.   It's not reversible. And it's not showing promising results so far.

PLEASE talk to your doctor about alternate routes and the adverse effects of this procedure before allowing yourself to go through it.

I'm really sorry you're having band issues. I've been there and it's no fun. I wish you the best.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Hislady
on 10/26/12 8:15 am - Vancouver, WA

Listen to Zee and Nicci they are both very well aware of the dangers of this surgery. It CAN NOT just be taken down because it permanently damages the stomach. I don't understand why some of these crazy surgeons are pushing this, it is experimental at best and according to the creator of it, it is not to be a permanent surgery. Run for your life and get a real revision surgeon to treat you. You are indeed risking your life and health with this surgery!

Jean M.
on 10/26/12 11:05 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

I'd want to know how many imbrications/plications he's done, for how long a period of time, and what (if any) complications those patients have experienced.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active