Time to come back home

sherhines
on 9/4/13 10:46 am - Dale, IN
You know how in life when things arent going well you come back home...here I am! I was banded in May 08 and went from 320 down to my lowest of 187. I worked out faithfully...even ran a 5k. In Aug 2011 my husband of 19 yrs was killed in a car accident, leaving me a 37 yr old widow with 3 boys...so lets just say bad habits are hard to break...food was always my comfort and was again. My anxiety caused me to have severe reflux issues and eventually and empty band. Life has all gotten back to normal but Ive never regained control. I got my band refilled 2 weeks ago and started the Insanity Workout program. I want to see the 160s. This is where it all started almost 6 yrs ago before surgery so this is where is gonna end at my goal!

JudyAz
on 9/4/13 12:31 pm - FL

Welcome back. Some of old timers finding our way, again.  I'm back too...band in 2007. Lost 100lbs to goal. My dear Mother died, ate my way thru that, too.  Now back for support. Had fluid out at the beginning of summer. I just had 4 cc put back in yesterday after ugi/endoscopy. So started my exercise plan back up and so here I am, dusted off and trying again. I wish you the best..you've been thru a lot. Let us know how you are doing~

sherhines
on 9/4/13 1:24 pm - Dale, IN
Thanks! That's exactly what I told my doctor, "time to stand back up, dust off, and move on". We can do it!

pineview01
on 9/4/13 12:35 pm - Davison, MI

So sorry to hear of your loss!  Glad to hear your life has gotten back to as normal as it can after such a Life trauma.  Good luck getting back on track with your band and hope you see the 160's again.  Keep in mind if the reflux comes back to be unfilled ASAP!  Big hug

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

sherhines
on 9/4/13 1:26 pm - Dale, IN
Thanks! Ive never had reflux until the day after his death...I started vomiting and reflux...its amazing what stress can do to your body!

gorditabonita
on 9/4/13 1:00 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

Sheri and Judy, I am so sorry to hear about both of your losses. I know that you can do this and I will be cheering for both of you as you reach goal. 

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

sherhines
on 9/4/13 1:27 pm - Dale, IN
Thank you! We can all use a cheerleader thats for sure!!

Kate -True Brit
on 9/4/13 6:26 pm - UK

So sorry about your loss. 

Welcome back. Very few people you will remember post on here now but a few of us still pop in from time to time. If there any particular vets you remember and wonder about, PM me as I am in touch with quite a number and can fill you in or put you in contact. 

And best wishes for  your new weight loss start.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

sherhines
on 9/4/13 9:57 pm - Dale, IN
Thank you Kate!

Jean M.
on 9/4/13 9:59 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Welcome home, though I'm sorry your return is because of problems. Grief and anxiety are hard for anyone to deal with. It sounds like you've gotten past enough of the tough stuff in your life to get your WLS journey back on track. We're rooting for you.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active