Eggs are triggers?!

coconutatthebeach
on 9/17/13 3:18 pm

I've always been under the impression that eggs were okay........ breakfast recipes for losing weight so many times include eggs,,,,,,,,, eggs without toast............ toast being the culprit......

That's what I believed .......yet I always had this nagging doubt that it wasn't right.......

Today I watched a program ..... a woman doctor addressing a group of people....... mostly women ...... in an auditorium...

She said, "I know you aren't going to like this but eggs are a trigger food."

"What!", I thought.

I always thought eggs didn't work for me but I was told over and over that eggs were okay for a diet, ao I kept on eating them.

Many times after I had eggs for breakfast I wanted to keep on eating. That would indicate a 'trigger' food. But I couldn't admit that to myself because I was convinced that wasn't true.

I am so glad to hear this woman physician, a knowledgeable person on the subject, finally say what I always felt was true.

EGGS ARE TRIGGER FOODS

no

Knowledge is power.

krinannie
on 9/17/13 4:09 pm - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

OH Please. Eggs are protein and fat. Best thing for you. I eat eggs and have excluded grains for my diet for up to a year at a time and they never make me want to eat more. Ever. Bread does. Grains do. But eggs fuel me and nourish me. Furthermore. Don't buy the hype. Eat GOOD food and you will not feel more hungry. Typically sugar and carbs cause more appetite due to the way Insulin is released into the system. Eggs don't do that. Knowledge is power...misinformation is criminal.

JudyAz
on 9/17/13 9:42 pm - FL

I eat eggs a lot and don't find that for me.  As I have been really avoiding all carbs, I'll pay more attention, but don't feel they trigger me, but everyone has their own unique make up, so who knows, right?

krinannie
on 9/18/13 12:07 am - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV

I think the problem is the woman told the audiance IT IS A TRIGGER...Not it is a trigger FOR ME. Furthermore, if a trigger is truly something caused by a food, it will be in the makeup. That means other shared types should trigger too. I bet she eats carbs with her eggs and misapplies the source.

pineview01
on 9/18/13 2:20 pm - Davison, MI

Give me a break!  Eggs are such NOT a trigger food for me.  I just had to go scramble one with cheese to STOP this carb spiral I was in.  Great source of protein and put a stop to that I still am hungry after eating more and more carbs.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kathkeb
on 9/19/13 3:12 am

They are not Trigger for me.

They are Protein and fat and one of the most perfect foods

They pack about 9 grams of protein  for 80 calories ..... a nutritional bargain

Kath

Stephanie M.
on 9/19/13 3:28 am
👍Anytime you can get a gram of protein for every 10 calories it's a good food and not something that will trigger eating "bad" foods. Eggs are satisfying because they have a great balance of fat and protein. If I make a 2 egg omelet with cheese, I'm not hungry for at least 4-6 hours.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/13 5:00 am

The lady sounds nuts.  Eggs are not a trigger food for anyone else.

Most Active