My Review - The 5 day pouch test was the perfect start to getting back on track

kimkimmie
on 10/11/13 5:19 am - Jacksonville, FL

It was a reminder of what I went though. It forced me to follow the band rules. It reminded me that eating the dryer protein part of a meal first followed by small amounts of veggies and whole grains is the key to success. It is what works with the band to allow me to not be hungry and not overeat. I little by little learned to eat foods that didn't feel uncomfortable which means I little by little started eating more since it was easy... just like life without a band. Life without a band for me was a life of being overweight. I got the band to get in control but the part I chose to forget was that the band does its part if I do my part. The food choices is my part. It is hard because I love delicious food, so I have to make a dedicated effort to eat the proper foods for band success. I have to re-learn to eat the foods I used to eat when I was first banded and go back and read my original posts on my blog to remind myself of that all out determination I felt in the first year. I think this 5 day pouch test has really helped me get started back on the road to weight loss. I don't know if it shrunk anything but I feel my pouch now because I am eating the foods that the band was designed to work with.

~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Member Services
on 10/11/13 6:40 am - Irvine, CA

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

kimkimmie
on 10/11/13 7:49 am - Jacksonville, FL
Thank you!! Made me smile!!!
~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
Jackie G.
on 10/11/13 6:51 am

Wonderful job!!  Can you tell me where to find it?  I haven't gained anything, however, I am struggling with choices and I could use a jumpstart to get back on track.

Thank you!

kimkimmie
on 10/11/13 7:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
Absolutely!! It's www.5daypouchtest.com the liquid protein & broth for the 1st 2 days helped me eliminate stored carbs and also was pretty hard bit once I did it I felt empowered. It also made my eggs on day 3 super delicious then adding in new items on days 4 & 5 were like rewards for making it thru the previous days. The real reward is knowing my pouch still restricts how much I can eat... When I eat the right foods. It allows unlimited snacks & refined foods & so I will have to be diligent to avoid those kinds of thing. I now remember that it's a partnership with my band and if I don't do my part it's not going to do anything at all. congrats on your success & wishing you continued success in the future.
~Kim 

Jackie G.
on 10/12/13 8:03 am

Thanks so much, Kim.  I am going to start it Monday.  Congrats to you as well and keep it up!!!

~Jackie

Most Active