Update from last year

ladygodiva1228
on 1/14/14 4:16 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

So I posted last year about this weird pain I had been having and after a few different tests it appears my band is fine.  But I am still having the pain and my doctor thought maybe it was a pulled muscle where the port is.  I am scheduled to go back in a few weeks and I am going to have to tell him that the pain is still there.  I am about done with the band.  It was great for the first few years, but after that I was never able to lose anymore weight and have since gained some back.  Not sure if I just want it out and have a revision or just have it out and be done with surgeries. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Jynndu
on 1/14/14 5:57 am

I have had 5 family members get the lap band over the past 10yrs.  I must say the ones who were able to lose more than the average and keep it off were the ones that maintained a steady relationship with the doctors for fills and adjustments and also worked out 3-4x per week. They would see the doctor for adjustments well into their 4-5th year of having the lap band and it seems to have worked very well for them. I have always seen the band as a tool to help me stay on track but know I have to rely on myself to lose what I want and work out to prevent any loose skin... I'm sure there are plenty of negatives to the band but I simply express what I have known to work for family members in the same boat! In any case, I wish you luck and hope you are able to reach your goals!!! :)

Hislady
on 1/14/14 7:21 am - Vancouver, WA

Your port is usually stitched to a muscle so it is probably that causing the pain, it may be on a nerve or something. Personally I'd get the band out and get sleeved but that's me. The band has been nothing but a huge disappointment for me. I'd never advise anyone to get one.

ladygodiva1228
on 1/22/14 12:34 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Going to the doctors on the 6th and will discuss what needs to be done to get the band out and I would like the sleeve.  I know Cigna will pay for the band removal and a revision.  My doctor is not recommending bands anymore as the long term weightloss is just not there. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active