on 1/27/14 11:53 am - Chicago, IL

Is it very painful?

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

JudyAz
on 1/27/14 1:51 pm - FL

My fills were easy, fast  and no pain, never!  I lay flat, lift head like a sit up and presto! 

annie0039
on 1/28/14 12:14 am

It can be for some, in most cases it's not. Some have flipped ports or Dr's that aren't very good at the fill injections and then yes they experience pain ( their words not mine) some end up bruised as well, if the port is flipped then it nearly impossible to get a fill/ But as mentioned in most cases no they numb the stomach area over the port and inject saline into the port and your done. hope this helps.

Hislady
on 1/28/14 4:13 am - Vancouver, WA

Mine never did and didn't even need a deadening shot before hand. Mine were quick and easy.The most painful part was having to pay for them!

pineview01
on 1/28/14 9:14 am - Davison, MI

The first year no.  I didn't even fill the first few at all.

Than they got more and more painful.  Even when they used the numbing agent.  At the end they were so painful that they went ahead and totally unfilled me.  They found that my port was tipped (which they knew) and encased in a pseudo-capsule of scare tissue which had also attached to my innards.  When they tipped it to access, they would pull this and what it attached to.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active