NOT a drinker

dixxi_moon
on 3/16/14 1:05 am

I know how important it is to not drink sodas and sweet tea etc and you should drink alot of water. My problem is other than tea I dont drink hardley anything ever. Im lucky to drink 8-12 oz of anything in a 24 hr time. i just never have the need for liquid other than with my food and in a whole 24 hrs I bet i dont drink over 8-12 oz. how do i make myself drink when im not thirsty? it feels almost impossible and it feels like a mental block? i drink sweet tea with my meals 3/4 cup sugar to a gallon of tea :(  now if i go out to eat i sometimes will drink 3 glasses in 1 sitting. can anyone explain this to me?

Hislady
on 3/16/14 3:56 am - Vancouver, WA

Sometimes all you can do is just force yourself to sip all day long. Try some of the drink flavorings like Mio or Crystal light they are really very good and help change up flavors. By the way you aren't supposed to drink with meals altho I guess they rules are a bit more allowing now than when I got my band.

The main thing is to stay away from sweetened beverages, eat protein first, then veggies and finally a healthy carb IF still hungry. Cut your food in tiny pencil eraser sized bites, chew, chew and chew some more till the texture of baby food before swallowing and make sure one bite is all the way down before taking another. You can see this means slowing down your eating to a very relaxed level. Hopefully your new doc will give you some info on how to best use your band, if not come back here and we will try to help you.

dixxi_moon
on 3/16/14 7:03 am

ok and thanks. i cant wait to get started. 

Most Active