late night eating

coconutatthebeach
on 4/7/14 2:17 am

Any ideas on what to eat in the evening? ... or how to stop middle-of-the- night eating? ... beyond just telling me how wrong it is, or to stop .... real  ideas ...

Hislady
on 4/7/14 4:10 am - Vancouver, WA

Well I sleep all night so I can't help with that  but here are some snacky ideas

1.string cheese

2. roasted chick peas (garbanza beans)

3. ham and cheese roll-ups

4. a small salad

5. hard boiled egg

6. deviled egg

7. any left overs from a healthy protein rich meal

8. cheese chips-melt tablespoon size shredded cheese in a pan or microwave and let sit till crisp

9. google high protein snacks and you should come up with plenty of goodies

If you eat protein snacks it should help fill you up better.

Kate -True Brit
on 4/7/14 4:10 am - UK

I've never had an issue with middle of he night eating so can't help there. Except that I know I couldn't now if I wanted to or I would get reflux!

But mid-evening I often gave yoghurt. Something which is soft anyway, otherwise I risk reflux. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 4/7/14 11:30 am - Davison, MI

Well went my DD would get up in the middle of the night, her doctor told my to give her a protein snack before bed.  So we started giving her a piece of cheese and she no longer woke.  Give it a try!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kathkeb
on 4/7/14 3:46 pm

I don't have reflux at night, so I can eat pretty much as late as I want to.

I often have a piece of cheese and a few low fat crackers about 30 minutes before bed.

Then, I brush, floss and gargle and that is all for the night.

If I feel hunger, I drink some water and then put on my headphones and listen to a good book before I fall asleep.

Kath

crystal M.
on 4/8/14 8:56 am - Joliet, IL

I don't have problem with late night snacking...just snacking period.  What do I do....

Well since I live alone I don't bring anything into the house that I will want to eat.  So no snack foods.  If I do I go out and buy it...but individual packages only.  Like the kind you find near the cash register.  The single packs.  That way I can't pig out.  If I buy a full package of cookies...those cookies will be gone in a day (maybe two). 

My favorite snack that I will eat...apple slices with a 1-2 tbls of peanut butter

Most Active