Finally Went back to the Dr

Chashton
on 6/30/14 5:27 am - NY

So I finally went back to my Dr that did my lapband on 1/18/11 -

Last time I was there was in April of last year...wow how times flies.

I knew that I was UP IN WEIGHT...and I knew that I had to go and take that first step.  Well I was suprised that I was up only 20 lbs.  Now I know that is a lot ...but since last April?? I thought that was pretty good.  As I thought it was MORE then that.

Now..before everyone starts saying bad things.  I knew I was up and it was MY fault.  NOT the band.  The band was doing it's thing.  I wasn't.  Last year my father developed Lung Cancer (I was dealing with that) and sadly he passed away on 12/5/13 - Then on 1/7/14 we found my mother died from a broken heart.  So needless to say I had other things on my mind.  And eating and drinking was my only comfort. 

Well, last week I said to myself that my mother and father wouldn't want me to gain weight.  So I took that first step to go back to the Dr.  Because I wasn't there in over a year they did a video just to make sure that the band was OK..and it is.  Thank God!  And they gave me just a little of a fill .5

So let's hope that I can mentally get back on track.  Which I know that I can with everyone's support.

Thank you - I just wanted the new members to know that the band can and does work.  Had I not had the band there is NO doubt in my mind that the 20 would have been 100 lbs gain.

I know that the band doesn't agree with everyone.  But so far my band is agreeing with me.

Kate -True Brit
on 6/30/14 5:39 am - UK

What an awful time you have had. I am so sorry to hear of it. And not surprising your eating slipped into bad old habits.

the joy if a well-functioning band is that we can take control again; I have just got back in track again myself and the band is helping as it is supposed to. I put on more than you with no excuse! 

As you say, it doesn't work for everyone but fir others it is great! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

AllisonKara
on 6/30/14 4:53 pm

I am glad you have a positive outlook to life and are ready to take the right steps for your health and to top it are also there to help others by relating and sharing your experience with everyone around.I am sure your parents up there will also be glad for you.Glad that your lapband is working fine even after you went through so much of stress.Look after yourself well and everything will be in the future.

Most Active