i haven't been on here for years. a lot of drama in the last 6 yrs

Debbie R.
on 10/25/14 5:40 am - Las Cruces, NM

I think i have to create a new profile to interact with people. 

Hislady
on 10/25/14 7:56 am - Vancouver, WA

Probably don't have to I see your post just fine. This board is just very slow these days, not as many people getting bands and all the arguing several years ago ran alot of people off. Post away there are still a few of us left here.

Debbie R.
on 10/25/14 8:45 am - Las Cruces, NM

You are exactly right about the negativity in the forums is what ran me away. This is supposed to be a "support" group and the support ended. I had my band removed in March and hoping to have the sleeve in late Nov. early Dec

KJR
on 10/25/14 11:02 am - Canada

Hi Debbie! Just wondering why you got your band removed! I got mine in 2009, just curious?

pineview01
on 10/30/14 2:15 pm - Davison, MI
On October 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM Pacific Time, Debbie R. wrote:

You are exactly right about the negativity in the forums is what ran me away. This is supposed to be a "support" group and the support ended. I had my band removed in March and hoping to have the sleeve in late Nov. early Dec

I was banded in 1/09 and I came here for support while being banded, going thru issues and with getting it removed.  People were very supportive that it was the band that failed and not me.  Yes, there are some that wanted to lay the blame at my feet.  But most of the successful banders left here do understand and are very supportive.  I almost didn't go thru with the sleeve because I thought I had failed at all the diets and with the band WLS.  If it wasn't for the great support, I might not have gotten my sleeve and finally lost all my EWL.  Good luck with your sleeve.  I wish you the best of luck.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 10/26/14 6:37 am - Vancouver, WA

It was totally empty and still causing so much pain 24/7 that I just couldn't take it anymore, had it removed in Feb. and still have horrid GERD. My insurance doesn't cover bariatrics so I'll end up having to pay for it but still haven't gotten a bill yet and don't want to ask, maybe they will forget about me. Getting a band was the biggest mistake of my life!! Plus I only lost 20 lbs.

annie0039
on 10/26/14 10:36 am

I'm curious as to why people always say this is a SUPPORT group and then incinerate that ONLY positive comments can/should be made. I ask because I've been on multiple sites that this same statement arises. Support should go both ways Don't you think?. And yes I know this certain site has had it's share of difficulty in losing members due to what is term  "Band haters" posting negative comments. But no matter if it's here or elsewhere, people are going to comment and give their opinions. It's the Internet :)and that's what people do.

Most Active