Help please, what nutritional requirements do I need?

pookieg
on 11/19/14 4:30 am - DFW, TX

I have screwed up with my lap band.  It has been so long since I actually followed the rules that I cant even remember anymore what my nutritional guidelines should be.  I need to know approximately how many calories per day I should be consuming, and the breakdown of protein, carbs, and fat.  Can you help me?  I am a 56 year old woman, exercise on a treadmill 5 days per week for one hour.

Hislady
on 11/19/14 5:09 am - Vancouver, WA

I can only tell you what I did, I tried to keep calories under 1000 a day, followed a high protein, low carb diet with full fat products(they just add sugar to low fat products to make them taste better). Lately they are finding that the hi protein, low carb eating plans are far more succcessful. Diets like the Atkins and South Beach are good ones to follow.

Kate -True Brit
on 11/19/14 3:51 pm - UK

I never count anything. I just make healthy choices, start meals with dense protein, then crunchy veggie then carbs if room. I try not to snack and if I do try to choose wisely.

every now and then, if trying to lose, I do a count and it always works out at 1100-1200 cals, 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active