True Results

Nannabuck
on 3/15/16 4:02 pm

Quick question? I have gone to True Results in Houston, did in office physical, and just had the EGD done this morning. I was first told that if I had a hernia I would qualify for the $2500 program. It was determined that I do in fact have a hernia, however now am being told by my patient advocate that I have to meet with the surgeon and he will determine if the hernia needs to be repaired before I can qualify. I am also required to do a sleep study that will cost me $450, but am not going to do it until I know that I will qualify for the $2500 program as I can not afford the $9900 out of pocket for the full cost.

It seems like everyone else at true results I speak to make me feel as if I will qualify (or that everyone qualifies) except my patient advocate, maybe she doesn't want to get my hopes up. Has anyone else had the same issue with the hernia program? Does everyone qualify, regardless of how big or small the hernia issue is?? Please help!! I really want to get this done and am really stressing about qualifying for the $2500 program.

Hislady
on 3/16/16 5:16 pm - Vancouver, WA

You are looking at the biggest trouble you could ever get yourself into 1. True Results is the worst possible place to get anything done. Google True Results scam they have a horrible reputation in the weight loss surgery world. They do insurance fraud like the hernia scheme, they end up charging way more than they first tell you and they have the worst follow up care. It is so bad that you can't even consider it follow up care. They are truly a smarmy outfit, DO NOT use them find a good and real surgeon these guys are a joke!

2. Save more money and get a sleeve. The band is not a long term weight loss surgery, after 2-6 yrs it ends up causing terrible problems that leave many of us with permanent damage. The band has a 60% failure rate and even the few that have success often are not able to keep the weight off. The band is the least effective weight loss surgery and most surgeons will no longer do it which is why scammers like True Results go ahead and do it because it is a big money maker. They charge you to put it in, then charge you for fills and unfills and then they get to charge you again when you have to have it removed.

Not to mention when the band starts going bad from built up scar tissue your insurance won't cover that either because it is caused by the surgery. It is truly a nightmare surgery, I swear to you it will be much better to save a little more money up and get the sleeve, the duodenal switch or bypass, anything but the band it is a horror. Our stomachs are not designed to be strangled. Please rethink your whole plan.

I had a band for 7 years, we were guinea pigs back then, I only lost 20 lbs in the first year and no more after that. Then after about 2 yrs I started getting reflux from being tight and went thru having small unfills (at $225 each), finally at around 4 yrs I had it totally unfilled, by 6 yrs I was suffering horribly from reflux that wasn't helped by any meds. I lived with that until I just couldn't live with the pain anymore and demanded it be removed and I ended up still having to pay for removal because my insurance didn't cover bariatrics. There is no worse feeling than being in that much pain and not being able to get it fixed and being stuck with no hope. Fortunately we were finally able to scrape together enough but then of course I felt guilty for causing so much expense when if I had just been smarter and done more research on weight loss surgery options I wouldn't have caused such an expense.

I am still suffering from reflux that none of the meds so far have been able to help. I also now have a slow emptying stomach which also causes pain and makes it difficult to eat anything. When you look at the cost to have it put in and then taken out it is cheaper to get an effective surgery in the first place. Please I beg you not to get a band and especially from True Results!!!!

Nic M
on 3/16/16 5:27 pm

Run away. They are notorious for their shenanigans. You probably don't want to choose the band, either. Read the revisions forum to see the types of issues it causes. It's not a good option. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Valapp
on 3/18/16 9:28 am

Read Hislady's post and heed her advice. Please DO NOT get the lap band.  I got the lap band in 2009 and had to have it removed last year due to horrible reflux and constantly throwing up.  It is a common theme amongst people who got the band several years ago.  Many doctors have stopped doing the band because of the problems showing up long term.  I had a revision to RNY when my band was removed.  Wish I had RNY or the sleeve done when I had the lap band placed. I could have avoided several years of misery! 

HW 280

CW 168

Goal 165

sheriberi29
on 3/19/16 1:45 pm - Cleveland, TN

Please do not end up like so many of us. After a few years you could / will end up looking desperately for an insurance approval to remove the satanic devise !! 

CElizabeth
on 4/1/16 11:33 pm
VSG on 11/10/16

I am almost 9 years out with my lapband, and other than the occasional reflux, I do very well with it. When I overeat, my stomach hurts, but I was like that before I got the band.

I Can't  speak for the clinic you are going to, but SO FAR, and I hope it stays that way, my band teaches me everyday how much to eat.

HARRISBURG Pa 

Revision to Gastric Sleeve Nov 10, 2016

Lap band Removed June 2016

Current weight is 172

Surgery Weight was 196

Goal weight aoround 145

Most Active