GERD many years after band

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/16 6:22 am
On April 2, 2016 at 12:27 PM Pacific Time, Heather519 wrote:

The barium swallow is Monday. But I upped my Prilosec to 4 pills a day along with two tums before bed and that has really, really helped. I'm eating smaller dinners too. I also changed to a vegan diet this past Monday so maybe ditching dairy and meat has helped too. Not sure. I honestly don't think it slipped, I think maybe there is scar tissue in there making it tight, but I'll find out next week. Thanks for responding.

Heather

What did your diagnostics say?

Kris G.
on 4/10/16 8:28 pm

Hello, I had lap band and suffered from severe GERD toward the end that and the weight regain was why I had revision surgery to RNY.  Before my surgery I was put on prescription strength medication I took two different pills one in the morning and one at night it really did help and made it tolerable until I could have my revision.

Heather519
on 4/11/16 3:16 am

I just found out I have a hiatal hernia as well, which may be making the GERD worse. I went to 80 mg Prilosec and it seems to be helping. I see the doc this week so I'll find out what his recommendation is.

Stacey W.
on 4/25/16 1:46 am - Denham Springs, LA

I was banded in 2006 - I'm in the process of scheduling my revision now. Slip, esophageal dilation and severe reflux. My insurance wouldn't cover this even if I were dying. 

I'm nervous about the revision to RNY, but excited at getting a second chance at this. 

Stacey
332/228/282/232/182/132 - B4/now/1st/2nd/3rd goal/GOAL
This time I will NOT fail!!!!

Most Active