Lap band ready for another was help

Myscale
on 6/6/16 3:56 pm
Lap Band on 07/08/14

Hi everyone, I just join today I need some advice. July 8th will be 2 years since I had the lap band I went through fill unfilled. I'm thinking about having the band removed because: left side pain , my heart beats really fast sometimes while I'm eating. I'm tired of getting sick and stuck. I'm thinking about getting the sleeve. I loss 108 ponds from 388 to 280 Any body having or had any problems? Thank for your replies 

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/16 9:14 am

I don't blame you for wanting the band out, it's a horrible device that is temporary for 99% of people just for the issues you describe above.

The thing is, with your BMI it's quite unlikely that you will get to goal and stay there with restriction alone (sleeve).  You have most likely developed metabolic issues that restriction alone won't take care of.  Many can get it off, keeping it off is a whole different ballgame.  Your starting bmi was high enough that you should have never been banded anyway.

Have you considered DS?

Have you verified that ins will pay for a revision?  Many ins co's are going to a once in a lifetime only wls.  They plain won't pay for it regardless of how you paid for your first surgery.  Medicaid.. many states are doing away with wls, they just don't have enough money.

If you do have ins benefits I would encourage you to get it done yesterday.  Tomorrow they may not cover it so you need to plan this one well.  Plan as though this is your absolute last shot at wls, choose the only surgery type you believe will get you to goal and keep you there.  DS does have the best stats.

Most Active