Lupus Anticoagulant antibodies

scrappingtwinmom
on 11/19/09 1:17 am
Hi all, I hope it's ok to post this here.   I have Lupus Anticoagulant Antibodies but not Lupus itself (so far!).  I have never had a blood clot but was on lovenox throughout my pregnancy.  I am cleared for WLS and want an RNY but my surgeon wants to do a band because she says if I ever do need to be anticoagulated I am at risk for complications after a bypass  She isn't unwilling to do RNY and said I can decide.  I am so torn about what to do.  I really want RNY but the goal of the surgery is to live a long healthy life so I don't want to have RNY and then die of clotting complications in a year or 10.  Anyone gone through a similar issue?  Or any advice in general or stories to share?

Tami
shushu
on 11/24/09 9:34 am - danville, KY
why would there be clot or bleed risk or problem taking anticoagulant after successful rny...the actual surgery would not put you at risk of having clots...from every thing i'm hearing on this board lupus patient are advised against "foreign body"(band) being placed in body...some people have had success..i believe i read where one girl had it done in mexico ...but i believe the band manufactures advise against it....i have antiphopholipid syndrome and sjogrens i take 10mg coumadin daily to prevent clot and am preparing for sleeve my sister-in-law has lupus and she does not take coumadin.....someone educate me please... why would there be clotting problems down the road after her surgery????
jswife04
on 9/26/10 1:50 am
This is a really good ?. I also have Lupus Anti-Coagulant.  I take 5mg of Coumadin daily. I DO have a clot. I didnt get until AFTER I had my daughter and was still on Lovenox when I got it! I am not losing and but gaining more weight. The Clot is my whole left leg. I am trying to decide which surgery is best for me. I just started the process of this. Im not able to exercise and Im not able to diet. :( Just looking for other ppl going through the same thing.

Did you end up getting the surgery? Which one? How are you doing?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1739 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2056 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2175 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2955 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4684 views