OT: Need a man to help me out

Shane Johnson
on 1/12/07 1:13 pm - Olathe, KS
Bummer Jane, sounded like a nice TV. Try the suggestion about leaving it off overnight. 3 year huh, did you buy the extended warranty. I bought it for each of my big TVs for my own negligence or system failure and bought from reputable retailers. I don't think I would tell them about my son and the magnet but tell them what it is doing and hope they won't be able to peg the reason why and maybe you can get it fixed under warranty. Just a thought. Good luck. Shane
Dx E
on 1/12/07 1:53 pm - Northern, MS
sorry Jane, No help, If you need a drop painted, Then I'm your man!!! Best Wishes- Dx
Jane M.
on 1/12/07 11:44 pm - Williamsburg, VA
Thank you men! I left the TV off all Night, I unplugged it too. Only one tiny little green spot on it, so at least it's not Polka-dotted anymore. I'm leaving it off all day it hopes that it resolves itself on it's own. I do have a service plan, so I could get it replaced if I wanted too. So thank you, it's not dead. I'm not really keen into loosing my very expensive TV right now with me having to shell out money for plastics, cars, tuition at all that jazz. If any of you guys are coming to Richmond, I look forward to meeting you in person!!! Hugs, Jane
Jay P.
on 1/13/07 12:03 am - White Marsh, MD
Guess I should wait on buying that 42 inch flat screen with a 2-year-old around?
FatManWalking
on 1/14/07 10:17 pm - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
Glad to hear they are going to live, both the TV and the child! With an LCD, the magnets should not hurt. A regular TV or a plasma, and I think you would of had a real problem. I am no expert, but that seems to be the consensus from the web sites I viewed about this issue. Good luck. JP
Cal Blacksmith ..
on 1/14/07 11:30 pm - Riverside, CA
RNY on 11/09/06 with
I am glad it seems that your set is getting back to normal but I am very supprised that magnets had any effect at all. The Sony Wega (if it is like the Grand Wega) is a rear projection LCD set. The screen is just that, only a screen, the image is generated down at the bottom of the set by a transparrent LCD display that has a strong light projected through it and onto a mirror then to the back side of the screen. One of the nice things about a LCD set is that magnets DON'T have any effect on the set thus you can place large, old style speakers next to the set without any damage or distortion to the set. Try taking the plug out of the wall again to let the system reset again, then keep an eye on the set and have the extended warranty handy.
Most Active
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 14 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 42 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 74 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views