Enjoying something simple--having elictricity

sjbob
on 8/30/11 1:47 pm - Willingboro, NJ
 I'm sure we've all had to endure brief periods without power.  My wife could have been more understanding if the whole town had no power.  That was true from about 10:55pm Sat until mid afternoon Sunday.  But, we still didn't have any.  My wife went out for a walk on Sun and found everyone just 2 blocks away had power.  It was frustrating.  So, we called the power company and they had one stock response that they expected power to be restored by 8:00 pm on Sun Sep 4.  Of course, that only applies to towns where they can get to the lines.  We got our power back at 6:38pm tonight.  Yippee!

I know that there are many towns in Central and North Jersey that have large sections under water.  One such town is Manville.  My wife wondered why people bought homes there.  I used to live near there and knew that they never got flooded until the mid 70s.  The problem is from extensive building upstream--more development and less trees and shrubs to soak up the water.  I'm sure many towns in NJ are making the national news since they are so close to the major networks in NYC.  I really also feel sorry for the people in New England who are experiencing all of this mess for a rare time.
Scott William
on 8/31/11 12:26 am
I am in southern connecticut and we really got hit good be the wind. 100% of my town was without power at one point. We are at 90% now and fortunately, we are on the main branch of power and are back on. The power is a pain but not having water because of having a well is the real problem. Even though I did some pretty good prep work filling buckets and stocking food, it's still a shock at what a pain everything is. We were only out 3 nights. Some of the town will be out another week!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views