keeping track

geo1671
on 4/12/12 4:11 am - KY
VSG on 01/12/12
I am finding it harder and harder to keep track of everything I eat. Anyone else having a problem tracking everything you put into your bodies?

Edit   Delete  

Edit   Delete  

Scott William
on 4/12/12 4:15 am
I have not kept track in 6 years and I would advise you to figure out a way to do it. It's easier that way in the long run.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Mike B.
on 4/12/12 5:23 am
I write everything down in my planner at the end of each night. There has been days where I forgot, but for the most part, I just make it a part of my evening routine. This really helps me when I am at a stall. That way I can go back to see if I might be eating the wrong things or too much of something. It might be that I'm just not getting all the liquids I need for the day. Something important to remember, be honest with what you are logging in; that way you can look to see what adjustments might be needed for you to get out of the stalls you find yourself in. It really take getting use to with writing down everything you consume, but it is worth it in the long run. Good luck.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Sam LifeNerd
on 4/12/12 5:26 am
 There are various "apps" that you could use and those are "easier" because most of us have a phone on our hip at all times neway!!

That said, I am not keeping a good track at the moment, though as my progress slows, I am considering logging for a week or 2 and see what I am doing right (and wrong) / keep myself motivated to lose the last bit.

(Actually I want to lose MORE than the last bit...shooting now for well under 200, no reason I cannot hit that with LOTS of exercise / diet control... just like any "other" normal guy that weights 222 and should weigh 180 or less)

Davo
on 4/12/12 11:34 am - WI
RNY on 03/12/12 with
 I have a phone app that tracks calories, protein, exercise, weight, proteins, carbs and fat.  I do a search it brings up choices, name brands, resturaunts, even has a bar code scanner and I can adjust portion size.  Calorie Counter on android phones
billmacc7
on 4/12/12 11:38 am - MA

Hi,

I am now about 15 months post op. I have found for me, it is important to keep track of my caloric intake.  I use a web based program called fitday.com. It is free and really easy to use. There are several others out there, but I use that one as it is the one I have used since I began the my WLS program and surgery.  One other one I know of which many people use is on sparkpeople. Whatever you use, I think it is good as it helps me focus on ensuring I am getting enough proteins and am not going overboard w/ the calories.

Hope this helps!!

Best,
Bill Mac

OneFinger
on 4/22/12 1:23 am
I HATED writing down what I ate. But, I started using myfitnesspal.com and that solved the problem.

I could keep track on my phone or input stuff from my PC. It also helped me adjust my meals to make sure I stayed with the guidelines for sodium, protein, etc.
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 34 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 71 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 103 views