Sunday Morning Weigh-In, where's Mike edition?

Brian K.
on 7/7/12 9:39 pm, edited 7/7/12 9:53 pm - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Hi Fellas,

My Stats:   High weight: 296 
Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 
Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 
Last week: 188
This week: 184 
Total weight lost: 85

Hope I am not out of line getting this started today... Hope all is well with one of our Co-Captains Mike, has anyone heard from him? Hopefully he is off doing something fun with his kids!

Good week for me, 4 more gone, 5 lbs away from my "official" goal weigh****ching my intake, work very physical lately so too tuckered out for the gym besides wanting to finish off my deck sometime soon. Hot as blazes here in the east, makes one thankful that he is not carrying very many extra pounds around!

I think I have found the solution to my constipation issues... 2 Colace every night is keeping things moving.... Noobs take note: With RNY you will get plugged up (not sure about other procedures). Be proactive and don't try to ignore the clues that your body needs help. I thought I knew what constipation was... WRONG! This is really the only complication I have had so I am lucky... no foamies, no dumping, no puking. I watch for hicups and an ache in my belly to tell me I am full, then that is it... no more food till next meal time. I ahve also been lucky enough to be able to eat all of the "difficult" foods others have to avoid: Steak, Pork Roast, Ground Beef, all go through fine... That first steak on the 4th was soooo very good!

Till next time,  Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Michael P.
on 7/7/12 9:48 pm
 Hi Brian,
Thanks for kicking this off today.  I'm on my last day of vacation with lots of fun in the sun and long walks on the beaches of Cape Cod.  I don't have access to a scale so don't know my numbers but who's counting?    I have been pretty good regarding eating and have never got so much exercise on a vacation in my life between walking to the farthest parts of the beaches (further than I have ever gone in either direction) to swimming and running and walking our new Labradoodle puppy numerous times per day.  It has been awesome.  I actually can't wait to jump on the scale when I get home because I am quite confident that it is down!!
Anyway, hope to resume a normal kickoff next Sunday as I am back to work tomorrow...  UGGH!!
Hope everyone has a great week!
Mike

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
Brian K.
on 7/7/12 9:55 pm - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Mike,

Great to hear you are not around for all the right reasons! Carry on and we will see you soon!

Brian
Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Don 1962
on 7/7/12 11:33 pm
331.0: All time high 3/10/08
321.0: Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0: GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0: 1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5: 2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5: 3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2: 4 th Surgiversary
169.2: Last week
169.8: This week

No complaints here.  Went to brother's lake house for supper last night, boiled, fresh Gulf shrimp, and could see bits and piece of the vintage aircraft show going on through the trees.  Was going to hang around for some of the pyrotechnics, both amateur and pro, but would have had to give the dog a Prozac if we had! 

Sorry Mike, but vacations have a tendency to end about the time you get to having a good time.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Tim T.
on 7/7/12 11:43 pm - Eastham, MA

Stats:
Highest Weight: 315
Start Weight: 1/1/2011 305
Tufts Start Weight- May 2011: 285
Surgery Weight-7/5/2011: 265
Weight last Sunday Weigh-in: 170
Current Weight: 170
Goal Weight: 170ish
Lbs. gained/lost this week 0
Total loss from Start Weight: 135 LBS.
Current BMI: 25.8

Hey all-

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself in my back yard, Mike! It's funny how there isn't a soul around here in the winter, but now when I want to stop and get a Dunkin' iced, I have to wait in line for 25 minutes like everyone else - not to mention beach parking- even with a town sticker-lol. Wouldn't trade it for the world!

Seems I'm maintaining at 170- eating well and excercising have struck a balance.  I got up this morning and did a 7.5 mile run- longest yet- and feel like a million friggin' dollars! The endorphins in my system are like drugs- I want more. You'd think I would be cooked after that kind of workout, but I am ready for trash hauling and lawn mowing after breakfast (I'm thinking steak and aggs). Life is good!

Vacation at the end of next week- I'm shutting the business down, it's the slowest time of the year for me and the business partner has planned a cross country ride with his family. My first week is going to be in Choretown, cleaning up some projects that are 80% done around the house. Then the wife and I are screwing out of here without the kids for a week in Florida- a couple days in Key West to decompress should do the trick.

Hope you all had a great holiday week and good luck with your stats and subsequent journey!

Tim T.

kenhud1
on 7/8/12 1:39 am - Houston, TX
Highest: 407 lb
Surgery: 5/17/2010
Last week: 189.6 lb
This week: 190.6 lb
Fluctuation this week +1 lb
Total lost: 216.4 lb

Well, I have crossed the magical 190 lb line from the wrong direction. Guess this means I need to really buckle down, huh? I can make all sorts of excuses, but plain and simple, I am grazing too much in the evenings. I do fine all day when I am busy at work and my mind is occupied, but in the evenings I tend to let my guard down. It's not that I am eating unhealthy stuff for the most part, but it's lack of self control between meals for that handful of almonds or sweets (I said healthy for the most part). My activity level is good, but I need more to keep me occupied in the evenings and out of the kitchen. I guess this is where the will power takes over from the malabsorption.

Sounds like you guys are enjoying vacation. I'll be thinking about you while I am at work holding down the fort. Someone's gotta do it, right?
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

Daniel-L
on 7/8/12 1:42 am - OR
RNY on 01/26/12

Hey Guys,

Mike we are glad your back. We always look forward to hearing from you each week. The same goes to all you old timers here on the Men's blog. We really draw inspiration from you success.

Any of you guys on the East coast seen the price of lobster drop? I might be able to afford it soon. Man I love Maine lobster.

Good week, down 2 lbs and feeling better all the time.

I wish I could go on vacation, but with me not working anymore and the wife being super busy at work ( and loving it ). I don't see us getting away, other than a weekend here and there.

But who am I to complain if my wife loves working?

see ya next week

d

Nicholas B.
on 7/8/12 2:56 am, edited 7/8/12 2:56 am
RNY on 07/02/12
My Stats:  
Weight at start of Options class: 11-07-2011: 324.5
Weight at surgery 7-02-12: 295.6
Last week: 298.4
This week: 286.6 
Total weight lost this week: 11.6
Total weight lost overall: 37.9

Good morning guys,

Sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk, rest, rest, rest...Each day is getting easier and easier to return to normal.  However, my love for protein shakes is waning quickly! :)

Been venturing out of the house to run some small errands and walking 2 or 3 times a day for 10-15 minutes.  Been exciting to wake up each morning and see how much better I feel than the day before.  This recovery process of more rest is hard for an active soul!!  

Best of luck to you all this week!  

Nicholas

billmacc7
on 7/8/12 3:06 am - MA

The Numbers:

346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
197: Last Week 7/1/12
194: This Week 7/8/12 --> Loss of 3 pounds - BMI 30 
150: Total Weight Loss

Pretty good week all in all. Happy that I went down to 194, as this signifies my lowest weight in my WLS Journey!

Eating was much better this week. I ate alot of protein and fruits, and did better with the issue of grazing. I will be continuing to focus on that in the upcoming weeks. In terms of water, been drinking more than 64oz a day as the heat has been brutal in NE this past week.

Lastly, exercise was good. I ran 2 X this week and got to do weight training once. Also, I competed in my 4th 5K on July 3rd at Patriot Place, home of the NE Patriots. The route went around the stadium then in to it and the finish is on the 50 yard line. As a life long Patriots fan, I cannot tell you how excited I was running on to that field! I finished in 28:30 and came in 620th out of 3000 runners. Not bad for someone who only started running 6 months ago!  All of this because of WLS....So blessed!

Hope all of you have a nice week...

Yours in WLS,
Bill
Charlie S.
on 7/8/12 12:46 pm
429: All time high 12/1/10
380: Lap VSG Surgery day 8/30/11
220.4:  Last Week 7/1/12
3.6:  LBS LOST LAST WEEK
217.4:  This Week 7/8/12
3.0 LBS LOST THIS WEEK
152.6 Lbs Lost since surgery
211.6 Total Weight Lost

Whew!  I made it on here in time to Weigh-In while it was still Sunday!  I was worried I would miss it while out running errands and shopping for the vacation trip later this week.  We leave on Thursday for an 18 day vacation.  First one since WLS, and I can't wait.  I am having trouble sleeping, but only because I am too excited to go!!!!

Translation - I won't be weighing-in again until August.  I'll catch up with you guys then.  Until August, best of luck and thanks!

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 26 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 60 views
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 71 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 100 views