My Stats: 

High weight: 296 
Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 
Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 
Last week: 174
This week: 177
Total weight lost: 92
Body Fat 14%

Mornin' everyone... I hope today finds everyone happy, healthy, and full of New years resolutions! I am wishing all my OH friends a fantastic New Year!

Scale don't lie... I am up from last week 3 lbs. I guess the holiday got me but I would not trade the time with family for anything. All the junk is out of the house now and it is back to the routine. Sunday is generally a no gym day for me but I am feeling like I need some cardio time to reflect on what a year it has been, that is after I remove the night's snowfall from the driveway!

Carry on men, see you next year!

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Don 1962
on 12/29/12 11:23 pm

331.0: All time high 3/10/08
321.0: Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0: GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0: 1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5: 2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5: 3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2: 4 th Surgiversary
169.0: Last week
169.8: This week

Allowed myself a few sweets yesterday since we hosted Jan's family for Xmas.  House looks like a it has been hit by a tornado!  May have to make a coffee run, or go to the Gun Show in Ft. Worth, by myself so Jan can get to cleaning!  Yeah, right.  If I want to sleep in the guest bedroom or on the couch. kiss

Can't complain about 2012 overall.  Ending on a few sucky ass notes, Newtown, the fiscal cliff, but overall not too bad.  I'm working, Jan's working, we're healthy, scales are hold steadying, caught a few NSV recently so can't complain.

I'll echo Brian's sentiments about having HAPPY NEW YEAR  and a cautionary warning that if you must drink and drive - We'll Provide the Chaser!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Daniel-L
on 12/30/12 1:56 am - OR
RNY on 01/26/12

Good Morning gentlemen,

High weight: 348
Weight at surgery 1-29-12 300
Last week: 175

This week: 175
Total weight lost: 173 lbs

I have been wondering if all the views we see for our Men's forum are just the women folk being nosy and want to see what is going on over here. I know if they were real men, they would post comments or something. Guys we need all the support we can get and our Sunday weight ins are looking pretty pathetic.

Christmas is over and just New Years is here. Any one going to make a new resolution or reinforce an old one?  I for one plan on doing more activities to make my heart race. Now if I can get the wife to agree.

I guess my body has decided to maintain this weight. My eating habits seem to have little to do with it. But I weigh almost every day to make sure. I do know I am eating tons of protein and greens.

Everyone try to have a great week and be kind to everyone.

Daniel

Brian K.
on 12/30/12 4:55 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12

Daniel said:  "I have been wondering if all the views we see for our Men's forum are just the women folk being nosy and want to see what is going on over here. I know if they were real men, they would post comments or something. Guys we need all the support we can get and our Sunday weight ins are looking pretty pathetic."

I agree! Come on out of the closet fellas!

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
MarkES
on 12/30/12 2:18 am - Oshawa, Canada

My Stats: 

High weight: 260
Weight at initial consult: 260
Weight at surgery Dec 14, 2012: 241
Last week: 231
This week: 227

Total weight loss: 33

Howdy!  Things are good.  Very little discomfort in my eating.  Got through all the holiday gatherings without eating any of the feastive goodies.

Happy New Year!

Mark

Ref Jul 4, 2012,  Orientation Aug 27,  Surgeon Aug 31, RD Sept 18,  SW RD & RN Oct 18, Internist Nov 5, Surgeon Nov 21,  PATTS Nov 29, Surgery Dec 14,2012 (HRRH - Dr Sohi).

Mike R.
on 12/31/12 3:13 am - Warner Robins, GA

Excellent progress!  If you haven't already, get started on your exercise program too.  Don't want to do any strenuous stuff this close out from surgery but certainly start walking 30 min per day.

Good luck!

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

MarkES
on 12/31/12 3:29 am - Oshawa, Canada

Thank you...  I have walked almost every day since surgery.  Today I started for the first time on my eliptical machine.  Slow and steady for this year... I want to get in good shape and get to a couch to 5k type of progress by summer.  From there, I will see how that feels and look at further distances.  

Ref Jul 4, 2012,  Orientation Aug 27,  Surgeon Aug 31, RD Sept 18,  SW RD & RN Oct 18, Internist Nov 5, Surgeon Nov 21,  PATTS Nov 29, Surgery Dec 14,2012 (HRRH - Dr Sohi).

Tim T.
on 12/30/12 4:36 am, edited 12/30/12 4:37 am - Eastham, MA

Stats: 12/30/2012 

Highest Weight: 315 - 

Start Weight: 1/1/2011 305 - 

Tufts Start Weight- May 2011: 285 -

Surgery Weight-7/5/2011: 265 - 

Weight last Sunday Weigh-in: 171 - 

Current Weight: 169 - 

Goal Weight: 170ish -

Lbs. lost/gained this week -2- 

Total loss from Start Weight: 136 LBS.  

As I reflect back on the parties and dinners this past week sporting all the typical food overkill I have a sense of accomplishment by how well I utilized my tool and sense of restraint. It's hard sometimes to evaluate all the actual stuff I had right up in my grill and what I actually consumed. Making good choices has to become automatic to be effective and I think that is one of the secrets of success. Sure, there are times when you just gotta say "fuck it" and eat that slice of cheesecake or chocolate, but it should be the exception to the rule. It's just as difficul****ching people you know who could stand to be healthier shoveling **** down the hatch while having a conversation about needing to lose 30 lbs. etc. That's when the restraint really comes in handy.     

Got a couple of runs in this week and it feels good. I'm in the market for a used treadmill to get it done while the weather is ****ty up here in the N.E. I got a first hand look at the devastating erosion on my beach walk. Friday afternoon, after the storm blew over us, the wind laid down and it was about 50 degrees out. I took the pooch down to the seashore for a quick walk. The surf was still violent and had cut into the cliffs relentlessly. I walked out for a mile or so when it became evident that I either needed to turn around and get my ass back to the parking lot , or face getting soaked by the surf or scaling a 50 foot clay/sand and vertical cliff. I actually ran back for a few sprints.     

Pats and Dolphins at 4:30 and bay scallops for dinner. Life is good!!     Carry on and have a safe and happy New Year!  

Tim T.

Brian K.
on 12/30/12 4:52 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
On December 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM Pacific Time, Tim T. wrote:

Stats: 12/30/2012 

Highest Weight: 315 - 

Start Weight: 1/1/2011 305 - 

Tufts Start Weight- May 2011: 285 -

Surgery Weight-7/5/2011: 265 - 

Weight last Sunday Weigh-in: 171 - 

Current Weight: 169 - 

Goal Weight: 170ish -

Lbs. lost/gained this week -2- 

Total loss from Start Weight: 136 LBS.  

As I reflect back on the parties and dinners this past week sporting all the typical food overkill I have a sense of accomplishment by how well I utilized my tool and sense of restraint. It's hard sometimes to evaluate all the actual stuff I had right up in my grill and what I actually consumed. Making good choices has to become automatic to be effective and I think that is one of the secrets of success. Sure, there are times when you just gotta say "fuck it" and eat that slice of cheesecake or chocolate, but it should be the exception to the rule. It's just as difficul****ching people you know who could stand to be healthier shoveling **** down the hatch while having a conversation about needing to lose 30 lbs. etc. That's when the restraint really comes in handy.     

Got a couple of runs in this week and it feels good. I'm in the market for a used treadmill to get it done while the weather is ****ty up here in the N.E. I got a first hand look at the devastating erosion on my beach walk. Friday afternoon, after the storm blew over us, the wind laid down and it was about 50 degrees out. I took the pooch down to the seashore for a quick walk. The surf was still violent and had cut into the cliffs relentlessly. I walked out for a mile or so when it became evident that I either needed to turn around and get my ass back to the parking lot , or face getting soaked by the surf or scaling a 50 foot clay/sand and vertical cliff. I actually ran back for a few sprints.     

Pats and Dolphins at 4:30 and bay scallops for dinner. Life is good!!     Carry on and have a safe and happy New Year!  

Tim T.

Tim,

Down 2 after the holidays are all said and done... impressive my friend! That's how you do it. Keep up the good work!

Mike R.
on 12/31/12 3:03 am - Warner Robins, GA

Good job!  You're an inspiration.

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 36 views
Recent Topics
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 36 views
NFL Draft Sunday