Sunday Morning Weigh-In, Beat You To It Edition!

Brian K.
on 4/7/13 1:19 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12

My Stats: 

High weight: 296 
Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 
Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 
Last week: 178
This week: 178
Total weight lost: 91
Body Fat 17%

Hi Gents!

I actually made it in the morning this time to start off the weigh-in! I hope everyone is doing well and this message finds you all happy and healthy!

I am maintaining here at 178 which is below my Docs goal weight and 4 lbs over my all time low... Maybe this is the new "normal"? With the addition of more exercise I am sure I can get the 4 lbs back plus more, I have excuses for not fitting it in but they are just that, excuses! I only feel bad about it occasionally and then I look at how far I've come and am OK...

I had an interesting conversation with a co-workers mom about WLS, she is around my age and due to other medical issues (thyroid cancer) gained weight over the last few years. He doctor recommended WLS and she is petrified because she has heard all the horror stories. A year ago I could have never discussed my experiences with her but now I am totally "out of the closet". My hope is that hearing a success story she will be more at ease and get what may be a life-saving surgery for her.

Anyone have experience with a colonoscopy post-surgery? I am scheduled this Thursday for my first after my WLS. I am used to the Citrate of Magnesium prep but my Doc nixed that one because of the bubbles, I am now to use "MoviPrep", what the hell is that? I am not looking forward to the cramps and explosive trips to the can but it must be done... Colon cancer got my Dad and I refuse to go down that way.

Best to all, see you next week!

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
billmacc7
on 4/7/13 7:00 am - MA

Good Day,

Glad to see you leading off Brian! Love your post and new normal is a wonderful thing.

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
190: Weigh In 3/31/13
193: This Week 4/7/13 -->3 pounds gain BMI=29
153:Total Weight Loss

OK-Confession Time. Ate horribly this week, lot of grazing especially on East Candy (Stupid Bunny). Still I am at 193 pounds...Even now when I write it I am amazed. My goal is to stay under 196 as this puts me at a total loss of 150 pounds.

On a better note, excercise is going well. Today I ran about my 7th 5K race and finished in a Personal Record of 24:52 which was good for 187th out of about 1400 runners in a race in Fall River, MA.

I am now trying to seek a balance between a mindful diet and consistent exercise. A goal I will continue to work on going forward!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Don 1962
on 4/7/13 9:50 am

Today I ran about my 7th 5K race and finished in a Personal Record of 24:52 which was good for 187th out of about 1400 runners in a race in Fall River, MA.

My math figures that to slightly under an eight minute mile.  Outstanding! angry

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

billmacc7
on 4/7/13 11:43 am - MA

Thanks Don..appreciate your kind words!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Sam LifeNerd
on 4/7/13 10:13 pm

HOLY canoli that is fast!!   :)

(More about my PR run in my post...LOT slower, ha!)

Was thinking about all your durn 10ks and stuff, 1/2 marathon goals etc and decided I needed to pound some pavement myself!

Sam

billmacc7
on 4/8/13 8:24 am - MA

Thanks Sam...I was pretty psyched about the time...been following your workouts, crossfit is NO JOKE BRO...

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Don 1962
on 4/7/13 8:15 am

331.0: All time high 3/10/08
321.0: Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0: GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0: 1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5: 2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5: 3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2: 4 th Surgiversary
173.0: Last week

173.0: This week (Unofficial 5th Surgiversary)

It was five years ago this morning I was at Baylor Hospital getting prepped for my RNY and was so uptight that my veins had drawn in to the point they could not find them to start my IV.  Probably could not have driven a stick pin into my ass with a sledge hammer as up tight as I was.  Weren't no pretty sight that morning.  I was scared ****less! indecision  It started out as a hell of a ride and still is.  Started at 331 and have been as low as 166-167 after my gall bladder was snatched out.  I have seen many highs and almost as many lows.  Was married when I got started, got divorced, had a run of girlfriends and now fixing to get married again in June.  Have been wearing 34-36 jeans or shorts for the last four years down from 52-54's.  Shirts are mediums down from XL or XXL.  Lose skin is not too bad.  I look good in clothes and GF thinks I look good naked too.   Career is back on track and doing quite nicely once again - most days!  From a weight loss stand point I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Would I want to go through the valleys again - Hell No!! 

Thanks to all you gents, active or lurking, for your support and ass kicking when I had it coming.

Here's to another five years! broken heart

billmacc7
on 4/7/13 11:48 am - MA

Happy Surgiversary Don! Your posts are always caring, compassionate and helpful!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Don 1962
on 4/7/13 9:58 am

Look at the bright side - as a WLS patient you won't be as nearly full of crap like you used to be!  Hopefully it will mean fewer trips to the can for you.  Hope everything comes out okay both poop and test result wise.  The soon to be Mrs. is after me to go get another one done since it has been a while since my last one. 

Brian K.
on 4/8/13 5:16 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
On April 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM Pacific Time, Don 1962 wrote:

Look at the bright side - as a WLS patient you won't be as nearly full of crap like you used to be!  Hopefully it will mean fewer trips to the can for you.  Hope everything comes out okay both poop and test result wise.  The soon to be Mrs. is after me to go get another one done since it has been a while since my last one. 

Thanks Don, and Happy Happy Anniversary to you!

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 69 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 103 views