Sunday Morning Weigh-In, It's been a year edition...

Brian K.
on 4/20/13 10:21 pm - MA
RNY on 04/23/12

My Stats: 

High weight: 296 
Weight at initial consult 1-19-2012: 269 
Weight at surgery 4-23-12: 230 
Last week: 177
This week: 178
Total weight lost: 91
Body Fat 17%

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Tuesday will be one year since my surgery! I am sitting at 118 lbs down from my highest weight and 91 lost since I started the program which as you all know has been a life changing and life saving process. It has also been one of the toughest years of my life during which my step-daughter passed away and I found out my own daughter was abusing drugs. Without the support I got here I'm pretty sure I'd have said "screw it" many times... I thank you all.

What does the coming year hold? Don't know but I'm looking forward to it!

Till next week,

Brian

Hug your kids every day, let them know they are loved, keep them safe the best you can.
Men's Forum FAQ here: docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5YeHu9A2ZfYcVJhUlVHeVVFWE0/edit
Don 1962
on 4/20/13 11:02 pm

331.0:  All time high 3/10/08
321.0:  Surgery day 4/7/08
184.0:  GOAL!! 1/13/09
173.0:  1 yr Surgiversary 4/7/09 and at 18 months
171.5:  2 yr Surgiversary (Dr. scales)
175.5:  3 rd Surgiversary (his scales in shorts and t-shirt)
170.2:  4 th Surgiversary

173.2:  5 th Surgiversary (Official)
171.6:  Last week
174.0:  This week

Brian, congrats on making your first year on the WLS roller coaster as well as you have.  Your daughter's drug abuse and step-daughters passing certainly have not helped you on your journey.  Chin up!  Things settle down a bit in the second year.

Did my five year follow up Wednesday.  Did not go in at the 170 I was after but I'll take 173.2 vs 331 any time!! kiss This week I'll justify the uptick on muscle mass increase from mowing the yard yesterday.  Still have to finish the string trimming and clean up.  That happens after a coffee run.

Hell of a week in the news with the bombs at the Boston Marathon and the fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX.  Impressive job by BPD, FBI etc in getting their suspects identified, located and "in custody" so to speak given one is in the hospital and the other is in the morgue.  Shows what technology and manpower can do toward solving crime.  As to West you don't have to look to hard to find somebody who knew someone who was killed, injured or their home damaged in that deal.  The residents of West will come back and rebuild.  It's the way we roll.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

billmacc7
on 4/21/13 10:57 am - MA

Good Evening,

The Numbers:
346: All time high 7/1/10 - BMI = 52
326: Tufts Medical Center, Surgery 12/27/10 BMI=49
193: Weigh In 4/14/13
193: This Week 4/21/13 -->0 pounds gain BMI=29
153:Total Weight Loss

Pretty happy at no gain/loss. Maintenance phase is pretty stable, which is showing me that sticking to the program allows me to stay at or below my goal weight!  Mostly, I feel more healthy than I ever have as an adult!

In terms of exercise, it is going well. I was able to get out and run 5 days. This week I also was able to go to the gym and began doing some body conditioning at the Y. Love working out, especially about how it makes me feel!

I continue to try to seek a balance between a mindful diet and consistent exercise. A goal I will continue to work on going forward!!

Living in MA, this past week was pretty emotionally draining. So many things to reflect upon, but mostly praying that God's love and mercy bring healing to all involved.

Have a great week!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Mike R.
on 4/21/13 12:12 pm - Warner Robins, GA

@Brian, congrats on your WLS progress!  May your next year be productive and less eventful on the home-front.  For sure life throws knuckle balls sometimes, but we have to keep swinging anyway.  Staying engaged is what our transformation is all about.

@Don, you Texans are definitely a hearty bunch.  I’ve found myself several times this week in reflection counting my blessings and wishing the best for Boston and West, TX.

@Bill Mac, ditto.

My stats this week:

High weight:  392 lbs
Pre-op Weight 4-Aug-09:  377.5 lbs
             Last week:  218.8 lbs / 19.5% body fat / 167.6 lbs muscle mass
             This week:  218.6 lbs / 19.5% body fat / 167.4 lbs muscle mass

My overall weight and muscle mass this week is pretty much status quo again.  Busy week at work and home allowed me to make it to the gym for only 2 days.  Eating was not too bad staying within overall weekly goals at least.

My wife and I have made plans to attend the OH Conference in Anaheim this coming October.  Hope to meet some of you guys who might be able to attend.

Be safe & have a great week gentlemen!

-Mike

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

Sam LifeNerd
on 4/22/13 2:25 am

355  8/1/11 Start of the program, 9/21/11, 321 on my RNY Surgery Day

July 2012 I hit the 205ish mark and have been as low as 195-197 for a few days, but 200-205 pretty much since that point.

TODAY, 4/22/13 is the start of my wifes RNY surgery program, we did the NUT class today where she gets her starting weight and is on the 3 week diet to 'prove yourself' etc.  So hopefully in about 6-8 weeks from now she will be getting her gastric bypass.

Since we were there today, I got my Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) and Body Impedance Analysis (BIA) done so I would have actual data to base my diet on.

My RMR is 1690 calories, so without any added exercise, etc. that is what I burn just sitting around on a daily basis.  That was a bit lower than I expected and thus the reason I wanted to have the REAL number.  Now I can set a smart daily calorie goal and know what it really is doing (gaining/losing/maintaining)

The BIA test came back showing 142 pounds of lean and 64 pounds of fat.  That is 31% fat, which my scale at home is showing 27% for comparison.

I wanted to know the numbers before I got really into my 'diet', and to confirm how much weight I can lose safely, etc.

With all of that in mind... and with my wife's NUT plan kicking off, I officially started the Whole30 challenge today.  No sweet stuff (including nutrasweet or similar), no dairy products, no legumes, no bread products, etc.

Basically, good meats, veggies and fruits and healthy fats!  Trying to reset my system and break some of the bad habits that have creeped in over the last 9 months.

I will check in here with my weekly msg, but will not be weighing for 30 days, to try and eliminate that motivation (or demotivation), it will be an interesting experience to see what happens.

Thx for the updates on your end, I wish all of you the best of luck in your NEXT year, 5 years, etc!!  Stay safe...

Sam 

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 32 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 32 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 68 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 92 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In