drooping

billy67
on 9/15/13 11:22 pm - Canada
I just had my surgery on September 11th and my problem is that with the wieght i've lost my stomach is drooping so much its pulling on all my muscles and causing discomfort, does anyone have any suggestions on how to alleviate the discomfort
Thanks
Bill
Daniel-L
on 9/16/13 2:02 am - OR
RNY on 01/26/12

A compression shirt worked for me.

Daniel

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/13 5:59 am

I haven't lost any dramatical amounts of weight, so I can't really relate to your problem. I like to wear suspenders though, as they support my enormous, drooping gut and ease any back/muscle pain. Maybe you should give it a try also :)

PsychoWriter
on 9/16/13 6:21 am - St Petersburg, FL
Hi there, luckily haven't had a huge issue with that. Started at 410 and now cycling between 220-230. But i think because of my height, age, genres, all that junk i got a little lucky in the skin dept. Also working out and drinking tons of water have helped keep my skin elastic, i hear yoga helps too but I'm a yoga addict so i try to give that suggestion to everyone. Still not at my goal but i do have a small launch on my lower stomach that bugs me but its more vanity than discomfort. I would go with the compression shirt idea if you can afford them. II looked into it in the beginning and they're pretty pricey so i just wear an undershirt (wife beater"for lack of a better nickname) and i wear one that's a size or 2 smaller than normal this way the tightness holds and supports but at the same time its not terribly uncomfortable. And its cheaper to by a pack of undershirts for like $6 than a compression shirt for sometime over a hundred. Best of luck. Hope this helped.
mmcgee2155
on 9/17/13 3:35 am - MN

You can absolutely buy compression shirts for less than $100! (unless the reference is to a medical grade item).

You can get Under Armor or Nike for about $30 each.  While the quality is not quite as good, you can also get the C9 brand at Target for $12-$18.  

I only wear then when I run, so I am not sure how comfortable they would be wear all day, but they are great during exercise.

Charlie S.
on 9/19/13 8:23 am

I wear UnderArmour Compression shirts all day, every day.  When I run, I also wear compression shorts (like bike shorts) to keep things where they should be!

The compression shirts can be a bit of an investment up front, but IMO, they are worth it.  I just bought two of them until I reached my final stable weight.  I just keep washing and reusing them during the week.  On the weekends when I wasn't going out in public (and to work) I would do the "one size too small wifebeater" thing like previously mentined.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 16 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 16 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 52 views
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 65 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 95 views