201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

215.0: 4th Surgiversary

218.0 Last Weigh in

216.2: CW

Food: D

Water: B

Vitamins: B

Exercise: D

I feel good about this weigh in, especially after a week of vacation with the kids/grandkids. Even the dog gained weight with all the treats she was given. Everyone in the household is going back to a better eating and exercise routine starting today.

Have a great week!!

Don 1962
on 7/22/18 6:53 am

Last week: 184.6

This week: 186.4

Little transposition there. Too many trips to lunch counter.

Hotter than (insert favorite analogy) here! Expect another 108-109 day today. My butt is staying inside! Even with 50 SPF sun screen on yesterday morning doing the minimal amount of yard work I could get by with, two hours tops, face and neck feeling burnt. We did all of our running around yesterday afternoon to facilitate staying home today. A coffee run will be the extent of any getting out.

Have second new guy starting at work tomorrow. Wonderful. Our Chief has been gone on Holiday last 10 days. Sgt type person is on "light duty" post gall bladder surgery so he's been in and out leaving yours truly and new guy holding down fort. The heat is bringing out the dumb ass in everybody!

Cowboys head to training camp this week!! August 9th is first preseason game. Harmony returns to the Universe!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

82much
on 7/22/18 8:46 am
VSG on 11/28/16

193.8 Last week
194.8 Today

Cool (70's) and rainy here. No yard work, but getting a few things done inside. Replacing
flourescent tubes with LED replacements, as some ballasts were going and bulbs as well. Actually pretty
easy to replace and look real good. I need brighter lighting it seems :-)

I was hoping to drop weight a little quicker this summer. It is going ever so slowly. If I hit 174, I will
be a "normal" weight, but I'd even settle for a slightly overweight at 185. I guess it keeps me on my toes.

Don, Thanks for your insight on my nephew's addiction. Now that he is back near family, hopefully he will
be able to stay away from the bad influences.

Good week to all.
-Bob

Don 1962
on 7/22/18 11:36 am

I put my car back in shop building and was walking back up to the house. Thought came to mind to give it five or six months and we'll be griping about it being below freezing with 2-3" of snow or ice and we'll gripe about that wanting a 109 degree day!

Thank you and good about nephew. He has to be the one to say enough is enough and want to make the change. Till he gets to that point - you can lead a horse to water..........

LED lights - put them over work bench in shop to replace old fluorescents. Come to find out it was not the lights crapping out but the switch crapping out. Replaced both. Have replaced some recessed lights inside and two on the front porch with LED's. Plan is to eventually replace ceiling fans and light kits going full on LED in process.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/18 3:35 pm, edited 7/22/18 8:49 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I am whooped. It has been a hard week, followed by a hard weekend. My stone is still with me. Tomorrow I have more tests to see where, and what the doc wants to do.

Last week I was 259 3/4 lbs. Today I was 258 1/4 lbs. I am still losing, albeit very slowly. I am trying to eat more to stabilize.

In other news, I have a pre-op appointment two weeks from now for loose skin removal. We will see how it goes. I am excited, nervous, and aggravated all at the same time. More to follow later on the aggravated part.

NCMTNEER13
on 7/23/18 5:53 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Start of 6 month pre-op diet (2/14): 320 lbs.

7/9: 284.6 lbs.

7/23: 287.4 lbs.

Okay guys....I need some major encouragement now....

I missed a weigh-in because I was on vacation. Unfortunately you can see I didn't do great on vacation. This is the most weight (4 lbs.) I've gained since I started my 6 month pre-WLS program. I'm sure my weight management doctor is going to let me have it today when I see him. I tried to make good decisions on the foods I ate during my meals (high protein, low carbs), but it was the consistent exposure to snack foods in the beach house that was my problem. I just kept grazing here and there, taking little bites of foods and cheating a lot. I thought it would stop when I got back home on Friday, but I found myself doing the same at home over the weekend, although much less and healthier choices. Another issue was that I wasn't active on vacation. Lots of sleeping and sitting on the beach. I did hit my step goals a few days, but I wasn't doing the same amount of exercise that I would normally do in a week. Today I am determined to get back on track with my calorie counting and exercise routines. I really need to focus this week and hopefully get back on track. I have another vacation next week, but I'm more optimistic because several of the people I am going with are on similar diets and I tend to be much more active on this trip (lots of hiking, biking, and physical outdoor activities).

Don 1962
on 7/23/18 3:56 pm

Don't kick yourself too hard. The WLS experience is a journey - not a destination. Translation: You gonna eff-it up on occasion! Recognize the error of your ways and get back on track.

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/18 3:15 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

This is a marathon, not a sprint. You gained a few, but just go back to your meal plan and they will come off again. Take the long view. If you go dY by day, it will mess with your head.

Greateight
on 7/23/18 5:54 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I am going to post something on the RNY board as well, but I got my insurance approval and scheduled my surgery this week. My surgery date is August 29th, which is the Wednesday before Labor day weekend. There should be plenty of college football to watch over that weekend.

Last Week 302.8

This week 303.8

I also finished painting/treating my garage floor. The hardest part was coordinating moving the garage contents in and out every day in this rainy weather. My two sons were able to help out with that so it went faster. I will post a picture next week.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

cabin111
on 7/23/18 10:28 am

Hi guys...Sorry I haven't been around much. When I'm not in a good mood I don't post much. Been busy...Granddaughter, melanoma (they got it all), work, physical therapy (back), sleep.

I got on the scale today...200.5 I feel good about that. I've been between 207 and 199.5 over the last 3 months. Really want to be below 200...At about 195 because of my heart. There are fires here in California now (fire season), so the smog is bad. I need to join a gym for a few months till we get the rains in October (to clean out the air). Later, you are not forgotten, Brian (Cabin111)

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views