Sean Milliken ("My 600-Lb. Life") Passes

Batwingsman
on 2/19/19 8:27 pm, edited 2/19/19 8:36 pm - Garland, TX

Very sad news .. IIRC, he's the second person (guy?) from the show to pass away in the past year or so .. I note from the article that Sean apparently had regained a lot of his major weight loss prior to his death .. I'll never forget an early surgical pioneer of WLS (RNY) who spoke to a group of us interested pre-ops in Dallas many years ago .. He told us that something like 50% of his WLS patients who ended up experiencing major regain of their EW were dead w/i a year (or maybe it was two) following the regain .. His theory was that the body's major organs just cannot handle the strain on them associated with having the extra weight put back on, being akin to a person who was never obese suddenly putting on that much weight in that short of time. However, in the case of regain, the organs are already weakened from having had to carry that much extra weight for so long beforehand ..

https://people.com/health/my-600-lb-life-sean-milliken-dead/

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Batwingsman
on 2/20/19 12:45 pm - Garland, TX

Happened to run across this additional article about Sean's passing earlier today .. a bit more in-depth .. It also seems to dispute that he had regain problems following his weight loss ...

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/02/20/my-600-lb-life-s tar-sean-milliken-dies-in-texas/23673805/

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

Don 1962
on 2/21/19 3:58 pm

Not making light of his passing but he struck me as being a whiny ass and not wanting to deal with his problems.

Batwingsman
on 2/21/19 9:58 pm - Garland, TX

Yeah .. someone on the general forum mentioned the fact that he asked his mom to bring him food all the time and as a result she sabotaged his weight loss efforts a great deal . She did pass on though recently ..

Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 29 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 29 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 65 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 88 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 98 views